Page 1 of 1

New Tyres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 pm
by Laps
I appologise if these has already been discussed, but i couldnt find any answers that satisfied my needs..

I am about to purchase some tyres (225/35/19). I think im going with the achilles ATR at $210 a tyre. 2 people on here have said that they are good for city driving etc and they were quite happy with them...

Can anyone else think of some better tyres that dont cost too much more. Im getting them from JAX interest free. I spoke with the shop, but they didnt really convince me on what to get too well... :(

And yes, the guards are getting rolled...

Re: New Tyres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:57 pm
by nytrojen
Laps wrote:I appologise if these has already been discussed, but i couldnt find any answers that satisfied my needs..

I am about to purchase some tyres (225/35/19). I think im going with the achilles ATR at $210 a tyre. 2 people on here have said that they are good for city driving etc and they were quite happy with them...

Can anyone else think of some better tyres that dont cost too much more. Im getting them from JAX interest free. I spoke with the shop, but they didnt really convince me on what to get too well... :(

And yes, the guards are getting rolled...


What about Toyo Teos? They're sorta mid range all season. Excellent in wet, but not as good as some others in dry.

Re: New Tyres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:43 pm
by Kevlar GT
I'm as happy as you can get with my Falken Ziex 912's. Got them through Jax but mine are 18's. Not sure how much the 19's are.

Re: New Tyres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:51 pm
by Laps
Were the Falkens a cheaper tyre???

Re: New Tyres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:36 pm
by Arith
Alex, since you've got coilovers now you may be taking the corners like a mad man. Might I suggest some suitable tires to keep you in traction? Since you're getting them via Jax interest free, why not spend just a bit more to get something decent? The Dunlop DZ-101 were a great tire. Or the Marangoni Mythos? Both should be in the low to mid $300's in 19.

Re: New Tyres

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 am
by Laps
Yeh im happy to spend that much...

Sounds good, ill ask the guy :D

Re: New Tyres

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:57 pm
by smythie
Arith wrote:Alex, since you've got coilovers now you may be taking the corners like a mad man. Might I suggest some suitable tires to keep you in traction?
Get the oldest hardest tyres he can find and go for a fast drive on an icy road. That'll get him into traction I reckon :lol: