New Tyres

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

New Tyres

Postby Laps » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 pm

I appologise if these has already been discussed, but i couldnt find any answers that satisfied my needs..

I am about to purchase some tyres (225/35/19). I think im going with the achilles ATR at $210 a tyre. 2 people on here have said that they are good for city driving etc and they were quite happy with them...

Can anyone else think of some better tyres that dont cost too much more. Im getting them from JAX interest free. I spoke with the shop, but they didnt really convince me on what to get too well... :(

And yes, the guards are getting rolled...
Image
[ Click --> Here <-- for modifications & profile ]
"If you can't make it fast, you may as well make it look good..."
User avatar
Laps
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT
Car: MY08 2.5i Liberty Sedan
Real name: Alex

Re: New Tyres

Postby nytrojen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Laps wrote:I appologise if these has already been discussed, but i couldnt find any answers that satisfied my needs..

I am about to purchase some tyres (225/35/19). I think im going with the achilles ATR at $210 a tyre. 2 people on here have said that they are good for city driving etc and they were quite happy with them...

Can anyone else think of some better tyres that dont cost too much more. Im getting them from JAX interest free. I spoke with the shop, but they didnt really convince me on what to get too well... :(

And yes, the guards are getting rolled...


What about Toyo Teos? They're sorta mid range all season. Excellent in wet, but not as good as some others in dry.
nytrojen
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Re: New Tyres

Postby Kevlar GT » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:43 pm

I'm as happy as you can get with my Falken Ziex 912's. Got them through Jax but mine are 18's. Not sure how much the 19's are.
Image
User avatar
Kevlar GT
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Canberra (Southside of town)
Car: 04 GT Wagon

Re: New Tyres

Postby Laps » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Were the Falkens a cheaper tyre???
Image
[ Click --> Here <-- for modifications & profile ]
"If you can't make it fast, you may as well make it look good..."
User avatar
Laps
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT
Car: MY08 2.5i Liberty Sedan
Real name: Alex

Re: New Tyres

Postby Arith » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:36 pm

Alex, since you've got coilovers now you may be taking the corners like a mad man. Might I suggest some suitable tires to keep you in traction? Since you're getting them via Jax interest free, why not spend just a bit more to get something decent? The Dunlop DZ-101 were a great tire. Or the Marangoni Mythos? Both should be in the low to mid $300's in 19.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
User avatar
Arith
-stickered-
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:05 am
Location: Sydney (Wes-Sieed!)
Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6
Real name: Jim

Re: New Tyres

Postby Laps » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 am

Yeh im happy to spend that much...

Sounds good, ill ask the guy :D
Image
[ Click --> Here <-- for modifications & profile ]
"If you can't make it fast, you may as well make it look good..."
User avatar
Laps
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT
Car: MY08 2.5i Liberty Sedan
Real name: Alex

Re: New Tyres

Postby smythie » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Arith wrote:Alex, since you've got coilovers now you may be taking the corners like a mad man. Might I suggest some suitable tires to keep you in traction?
Get the oldest hardest tyres he can find and go for a fast drive on an icy road. That'll get him into traction I reckon :lol:
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
User avatar
smythie
 
Posts: 5227
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: Sydney (w-end)
Car: MY06 3RB - Blue


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests