Page 1 of 1

Bendix SRT pad report

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:30 am
by OzSTi
Decided a pad change was due for the Brembos.

Sean at S&J flushed the fluid and changed to a pad (fronts) whose name I can't recall now (sorry) but warned me they may squeak when cold.

Wow did they stop but man did they squeal! City driving meant they never really warmed up but even after some hard breaking they were still too noisy.

Sean kindly changed them over the the SRT from Bendix and these are so much better. No noise at all. Lack the race car like bite of the others but much better for daily driving and a run through the hills show they are very capable when pushed hard. Much smoother too, the others were harsh in retrospect.

In summary the SRTs seem well suited to a mostly street driven car. I'll have to report again after a track day at Mallala.

Re: Bendix SRT pad report

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 am
by nytrojen
OzSTi wrote:Decided a pad change was due for the Brembos.

Sean at S&J flushed the fluid and changed to a pad (fronts) whose name I can't recall now (sorry) but warned me they may squeak when cold.

Wow did they stop but man did they squeal! City driving meant they never really warmed up but even after some hard breaking they were still too noisy.

Sean kindly changed them over the the SRT from Bendix and these are so much better. No noise at all. Lack the race car like bite of the others but much better for daily driving and a run through the hills show they are very capable when pushed hard. Much smoother too, the others were harsh in retrospect.

In summary the SRTs seem well suited to a mostly street driven car. I'll have to report again after a track day at Mallala.


Let us know how you go with the pads on the track. I had a set of Bendix Ultimates on the Silvia... and those things had zero bite until you got them warmed up. I've nearly rolled into traffic on cold days with them! Mind you they lasted for ages and had absolutely minimal brake dust

Re: Bendix SRT pad report

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:24 am
by teK--
Yeah I'll be interested to hear about the SRTs on the track as well. I'm currently running QFM A1RM and they are fantastic when really hot but are only just acceptable when cold (although probably not as bad as Avon's feedback about the Ultimates).