new rubber.. already

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

new rubber.. already

Postby LIBER8ED » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:06 am

hey trendsetters, just a lil bit of info about my encounters yesterday with a particular business yesterday.

i popped into bob janes yesterday to get a slow leak fixed on my rear rhs and, and apparently the tyre was shagged. it appeared that i drove too far from work to the workshop with less than ideal pressure in it, and it wrecked the side wall.. fair enough, i can cop that..

then the manager turns around and says to me that the rubber i have on the car is illegal.. incorrect size... (235/35/19) i told him that this was the size i was quoted on all the businesses from all the joints around brissy i rang, and asked about them being legal, fitting, and meeting all the requirements i needed to..

so after basically being told i was a liar by him, when i said i got quotes from his workshop as well, i told him that i would take it up with the guys who fitted it 10 mins down the road.

On approaching them, ( after driving down the road with the tyre in the front seat ) they agreed that the rubber was shagged, but when i put forward to them, that the wheels they gave me were illegal, they showed me in the book, in black and smudge that it was a perfectly legitimate size, and thought that ol mates bitterness come from his lost business..
So with a new wheel on order, i am on the spare drivign around all lop sided looking like a ricer thats been doing burnouts or something.

i guess the point of all this, is just a typical morning rant about me being annoyed with the first business screwing me around.. and that fact that i have to get a new tyre..

peace out

kurt
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby sinist4 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:21 pm

sometimes u get d**khe@ds like that :evil:
[Team Diamond Grey]
sinist4

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.