Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby Da4sti3 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:07 am

Statts wrote:
Da4sti3 wrote:I just purchased my rims online from Ultrex in Perth
Great service after paying received my rims in 3 days
Then brought tyres online from Ozzy Tyres which is in Sydney
And same again after paying received my tyres in 3 days
I'm in Adelaide
Then got the tyres fitted by Tyre power in Blackwood fitted and balanced for 40 bucks


Which Ultrex rims did you go for?


Got the classics !
TEAM RED 2.5i 05 Sedan
User avatar
Da4sti3
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:10 pm
Location: Adelaide
Car: 05 Liberty 2.5i 5 speed
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16154

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby Statts » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:13 am

Da4sti3 wrote:
Statts wrote:
Da4sti3 wrote:I just purchased my rims online from Ultrex in Perth
Great service after paying received my rims in 3 days
Then brought tyres online from Ozzy Tyres which is in Sydney
And same again after paying received my tyres in 3 days
I'm in Adelaide
Then got the tyres fitted by Tyre power in Blackwood fitted and balanced for 40 bucks


Which Ultrex rims did you go for?


Got the classics !

Got a pic of them on the car?
MY06 3.0R-B
Cusco bars & links, AVO mounts, JSpeed LCA bushes
Prova intake, HKS resonator trumpet, HKS panel filter
E85 KiDo tuned
User avatar
Statts
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Adelaide
Car: 05 3.0R-B
Real name: Chris
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14975

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby Da4sti3 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:40 am

Yeah I do but wasn't gonna unveil a pic on here until after the cruise on the 12th u should come and see em in person !
TEAM RED 2.5i 05 Sedan
User avatar
Da4sti3
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:10 pm
Location: Adelaide
Car: 05 Liberty 2.5i 5 speed
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16154

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Another bump for Rocky, Joel and the team at Donnellans The Tyremen Collingwood!
They really look after their regular customers :air_kiss:
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 8247
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby su34ru » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:00 pm

chugga15 wrote:http://www.tirerack.com

got 4 F1 asymmetrics for AUD $980 delivered. awesome service. 3 days from the states.


tirerack is quoting $370-400 for delivery alone... pretty tough to find a good deal with that kind of shipping cost...
was looking at some runout Bridgestone Potenza RE 050A 225/45/18 for my MY 10 Lib. They have some closeout stock listed at $185 each. That's cheap compared to the $360 most people are quoting in Sydney. Add shipping and install costs, and it becomes closer to 310-320 each... a total saving of $200 maybe. A little haggling might get me that price in Sydney. Need to check Tempe tyres as some have suggested here.
su34ru
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY10 Sports Premium Wagon
Real name: Raghu

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby Manaz » Mon May 06, 2013 4:46 pm

NSW/Sydney:

Spinning Wheel Tyres in Alexandria/Beaconsfield.
Jax Haberfield

With some of the "cheaper places", be *very* careful that you check the age of the tyre stock they're selling you at a cheap price.

http://tyreandrim.org.au/find-age-tyres/
http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/selecting ... -tires-are

Don't buy new tyres that are over 12 months old - the rubber hardens with age, and you will get significantly worse performance out of an old tyre even when "new".
Manaz
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Real name: Robert
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby vaccine » Fri May 31, 2013 9:24 pm

Michelin Primacy HP. 235/45/18
240 Treadwear, Traction A, Temp A.

They stick very well in the dry and just as happy in the wet pushing them.
Cost me $90 a corner with 90% from local 2nd hand tyre dealer. Bargin!
Bit noisy on the road, but thats the trade off for grip.
.. Dave
User avatar
vaccine
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:51 am
Location: Canberra
Car: MY05 3RB
Real name: dave..

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby BUDDAH » Fri May 31, 2013 10:06 pm

vaccine wrote:Michelin Primacy HP. 235/45/18
240 Treadwear, Traction A, Temp A.

They stick very well in the dry and just as happy in the wet pushing them.
Cost me $90 a corner with 90% from local 2nd hand tyre dealer. Bargin!
Bit noisy on the road, but thats the trade off for grip.





2nd hand tyre dealer :roll: good chance you got 4 tyres from 4 different cars all different manufacture date and these were taken off wrecks from OS so who knows what
damage they may have .


"No you didn't get a bargain you purchased 4 chances at a game caller Russian Roulette "
User avatar
BUDDAH
I've been banned
 
Posts: 3123
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: Hakuba, Nagano, Japan 白馬村
Real name: [ bot ]

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby Manaz » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:23 pm

BUDDAH wrote:2nd hand tyre dealer :roll: good chance you got 4 tyres from 4 different cars all different manufacture date and these were taken off wrecks from OS so who knows what
damage they may have .


"No you didn't get a bargain you purchased 4 chances at a game caller Russian Roulette "


I have to say, I totally agree with BUDDAH here.

Your tyres are your sole method of keeping your car where you want it on the road. It constantly amazes me that people are willing to cheap-out on tyres, yet will spend thousands of dollars on mods that just make the tyres work even harder. Hell, people spend thousands of dollars on big shiny (and sometimes downright ugly and stupidly heavy) rims, and then put cheap nasty tyres on because they can't afford good tyres after the money spent on wheels.

Drives me insane...
Manaz
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Real name: Robert
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:51 pm

Caveat emptor, but my second hand high performance tyres and rims are totally awesome lol :)
Got a much higher performance envelope at a price I could afford, but I bought very carefully ;)
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 8247
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby Manaz » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:30 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Caveat emptor, but my second hand high performance tyres and rims are totally awesome lol :)
Got a much higher performance envelope at a price I could afford, but I bought very carefully ;)


As long as you're making an educated purchase, fair enough.
Manaz
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Real name: Robert
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby bigBADbenny » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Indeed: one tyre was scalloped so that one gets rotated every where but the front drivers side (where it can be heard by me lol).
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 8247
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby Tim_ » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:53 pm

I would recommend Ozzytyres.

I have only bought tyres off them but it was quite easy and they have a good range of stuff. They do free shipping and if your lucky enough to live near one of their workshops you get fitted and balanced for free. If you don't you have to pay for fitting/balancing but i found it very useful that the tyres can get sent straight to one of their partner shops right near me.

I got 4x New PIRELLI 225/40R18 92Y PZERO MO as seen here
They were on sale from $474 down to $237 a corner but ended up getting them few dollars over $200 a corner. At the bottom of any of the tyre specs window there is a "Chat now" button, this is extremely handy for getting info and discounts.

I asked for a discount and the guy gave me a 10% discount using the code "CHAT", i then explained that the dunlops i was looking at had sold out and if i could get a 20% discount the Pirellis would be perfectly in my budget...He went off and came back and said that the best he could do is 15% off using a code "MONSTER" or something (but he said that code would expire in 24 hours). So make sure you go to the chat window, ask for a discount...then ask again. 15% seems to be the best they can do.

Only thing i didn't like is they said they would be delivered in 1-2 business days but then got a call saying that there will be a big delay (up to 3 weeks) and that i could pay $50 a tyre for express shipping...i said no i was told 1-2 days and that's all i budgeted for. They apologized and said they will get it there asap...next day got a text saying they had been shipped...so a bit confused as to how legit the 'shipping delays' were. I will update this when i know if they arrived on time.

But anyway that was my experience with them.
User avatar
Tim_
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 7:39 pm
Location: Gold Coast QLD
Car: my06 liberty 3.0r
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17247

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby dr20t » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:33 pm

I strongly reccomend Tyres for Less in Fairfield South for those in Sydney

Very good customer service and pricing, and a fantastic range of tyres. Basically almost any tyre you want they can get

Jax Liverpool are also very good - speak to Kieran

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
User avatar
dr20t
 
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:43 pm
Location: South West Sydney NSW
Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Real name: Mick
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Re: Tyre/wheel retailers you would recommend

Postby Tim_ » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 am

Tim_ wrote:I would recommend Ozzytyres.

I have only bought tyres off them but it was quite easy and they have a good range of stuff. They do free shipping and if your lucky enough to live near one of their workshops you get fitted and balanced for free. If you don't you have to pay for fitting/balancing but i found it very useful that the tyres can get sent straight to one of their partner shops right near me.

I got 4x New PIRELLI 225/40R18 92Y PZERO MO as seen here
They were on sale from $474 down to $237 a corner but ended up getting them few dollars over $200 a corner. At the bottom of any of the tyre specs window there is a "Chat now" button, this is extremely handy for getting info and discounts.

I asked for a discount and the guy gave me a 10% discount using the code "CHAT", i then explained that the dunlops i was looking at had sold out and if i could get a 20% discount the Pirellis would be perfectly in my budget...He went off and came back and said that the best he could do is 15% off using a code "MONSTER" or something (but he said that code would expire in 24 hours). So make sure you go to the chat window, ask for a discount...then ask again. 15% seems to be the best they can do.

Only thing i didn't like is they said they would be delivered in 1-2 business days but then got a call saying that there will be a big delay (up to 3 weeks) and that i could pay $50 a tyre for express shipping...i said no i was told 1-2 days and that's all i budgeted for. They apologized and said they will get it there asap...next day got a text saying they had been shipped...so a bit confused as to how legit the 'shipping delays' were. I will update this when i know if they arrived on time.

But anyway that was my experience with them.


Confirmed, only took 2 business days for delivery...and also got another 10% code 'LOYAL'
User avatar
Tim_
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 7:39 pm
Location: Gold Coast QLD
Car: my06 liberty 3.0r
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17247

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron