Page 1 of 1

suspension clicking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:17 pm
by Deluded
Hi all

I know that someone posted up about a clicking sound when turning...

Just wanted to ask everyone who has the whiteline sways whether they are getting as well....mine is not regular only on certain right hand turns it will click and it could be subtle or very obvious (feedback straight back on the pedal) and it is only at take off or driving up driveways etc

would anyone know? or experienced it with their recent add on of the front sways?

Re: suspension clicking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:28 pm
by tenrat
i had clicking with turning on my old liberty and it was the front cv doubt itd be that but might be worth looking at?

Re: suspension clicking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:39 pm
by Q
tenrat wrote:i had clicking with turning on my old liberty and it was the front cv doubt itd be that but might be worth looking at?


+1

Re: suspension clicking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:55 pm
by smythie
CV joint would be the first thing I look at

Re: suspension clicking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:06 pm
by teK--
+2. That, or tyres/wheels scraping ;)

Re: suspension clicking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:25 am
by senator
I have heard its common with white line sways to have this issue, due to bush material used on the sway bar support. Talk to phat as I know he has worked his magic to fix this problem….

Also you may want to check your end links too, they may have loosened since the install.

Re: suspension clicking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:47 pm
by Deluded
thanks guys...will attempt to contact Phat and see if he can have a quick look....

Re: suspension clicking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:35 pm
by Q
senator wrote:Talk to phat as I know he has worked his magic to fix this problem….


Make sure you let everyone know what he does to remedy the whiteline sway bar noises as I'm sure quite a few will be interested (inc me)

Re: suspension clicking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:40 am
by overl0ad
put moar grease on the bushes...