Braided Lines for 3.0R

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby TasTrooper » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:41 pm

I am trying to find out where I can get myself a set of braided brake lines for my 2005 3.0R.

As I understand it there are 6 lines that I need?

Race Brakes tell me that they 'might' be able to get some at $110 each. ($660) Ouch!

Reliance Brakes can do it for $350 to $400, however I will need to send my old lines to them so they can make me a set. That will have me off the road for a week.

Any ideas on where else to look?
The pen is mightier than the sword.
Unless you're one on one.
User avatar
TasTrooper
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Tasmania
Car: 2005 3.0R

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby smythie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:30 pm

you might be able to get the Subaru braided lines for those prices.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
User avatar
smythie
 
Posts: 5227
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: Sydney (w-end)
Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby Cassius » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:48 am

I think you better go to this link(viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4910). He is selling them for $250.

Those are the same ones that I have on at the moment and if you use Motul or some other 5.1 brake fluid you will feel some difference.
User avatar
Cassius
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Barbados
Car: 3.0R spec B 6MT

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby adhar » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:52 pm

Or if Troy can't help you out you can always order them straight from the US yourself.

I ordered these http://www.hawkpadsdirect.com/Goodridge ... 4216-1.htm
I'm pretty sure the 3.0R brakes are the same as the GT brakes, correct me if i'm wrong.

They are ADR compliant too. They took about a month to get here, and cost me around $230-something delivered, fitted them myself - easy.
User avatar
adhar
-stickered-
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: VE SS-V
Real name: Andrew

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby Cassius » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Well I am hoping that you are correct, I ordered the Hawk HPS pads for the Legacy GT because I was told by the supplier that they "should fit" my 3R. Unfortunately my stock pads are only half used :( no matter how late I try braking or how much aggressive driving I do. So they havent been put on yet. It sucks getting a car from someone who only put on 13,000 Km in 3 years.


adhar wrote:Or if Troy can't help you out you can always order them straight from the US yourself.

I ordered these http://www.hawkpadsdirect.com/Goodridge ... 4216-1.htm
I'm pretty sure the 3.0R brakes are the same as the GT brakes, correct me if i'm wrong.

They are ADR compliant too. They took about a month to get here, and cost me around $230-something delivered, fitted them myself - easy.
User avatar
Cassius
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Barbados
Car: 3.0R spec B 6MT

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby adhar » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:12 pm

Cassius, i 'd say the pads in your car are glazed over from gentle use (very few km's over 3 years). Just chuck them away and put in the Hawk pads, and bed them in properly. There will be a world of difference. Glazed pads are dangerous as they really don't stop you very well, but on the bright side you will probably never wear them out! :wink: :lol:
User avatar
adhar
-stickered-
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: VE SS-V
Real name: Andrew

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby Cassius » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:23 pm

Well they still bite well for normal driving, under extreme heavy foot lapses in judgment you are correct. In Jan they will be changed and slowly my road to mod perfection would have taken another step.

adhar wrote:Cassius, i 'd say the pads in your car are glazed over from gentle use (very few km's over 3 years). Just chuck them away and put in the Hawk pads, and bed them in properly. There will be a world of difference. Glazed pads are dangerous as they really don't stop you very well, but on the bright side you will probably never wear them out! :wink: :lol:
User avatar
Cassius
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Barbados
Car: 3.0R spec B 6MT

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby tangcla » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Group buy on braided lines? :)
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
User avatar
tangcla
 
Posts: 7409
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Real name: Clarence
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby THERB3 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:19 pm

I agree with Clarence group buy on braided lines.
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
User avatar
THERB3
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:05 am
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon
Real name: Hazza

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby adhar » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:08 pm

THERB3 wrote:I agree with Clarence group buy on braided lines.


I've emailed the guy in US that i bought Goodridge lines from to get a price for a group buy. I'll let you know the response when i get it.
User avatar
adhar
-stickered-
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: VE SS-V
Real name: Andrew

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby THERB3 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:41 pm

Has anyone tried John Stamnas brake lines. I think he is the main supplier for Goodridge Brake Lines.
A lot of bike owners use John for there braided lines.
His location is Queensland and number is 07 5447 7411.
Delivery was exceptional purchased and had them the next working day.
I got a set of lines for my bike a while ago but I am certain he supplies for cars as well.

He can do them in different colours as well I beleive.
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
User avatar
THERB3
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:05 am
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon
Real name: Hazza

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby tangcla » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:47 pm

adhar wrote:
THERB3 wrote:I agree with Clarence group buy on braided lines.


I've emailed the guy in US that i bought Goodridge lines from to get a price for a group buy. I'll let you know the response when i get it.

I'm happy to organise the group buy if you don't want to.

Remember that it is only worthwhile probably to order three or four sets in one go due to customs/GST charges over $1000AUD.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
User avatar
tangcla
 
Posts: 7409
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Real name: Clarence
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby adhar » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:02 pm

tangcla wrote:
adhar wrote:
THERB3 wrote:I agree with Clarence group buy on braided lines.


I've emailed the guy in US that i bought Goodridge lines from to get a price for a group buy. I'll let you know the response when i get it.

I'm happy to organise the group buy if you don't want to.

Remember that it is only worthwhile probably to order three or four sets in one go due to customs/GST charges over $1000AUD.


That's a good point Clarence about the customs fees... but i doubt there would be more orders than that, Overload tried to organise a GB for brake lines a while back and there wasn't enough interest then which was a shame.

When this guy emails me back if the price is good i'll pass the details onto you to gauge EOI for a GB as i already have the lines and don't really need to go in on a GB.
Cheers
Andrew
User avatar
adhar
-stickered-
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: VE SS-V
Real name: Andrew

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby THERB3 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:11 pm

I will call John tomorrow and find out how much his sets are going for.
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
User avatar
THERB3
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:05 am
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon
Real name: Hazza

Re: Braided Lines for 3.0R

Postby Sentinel » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:11 pm

I bought my Goodridge lines from TuSpeed Racing in Coburg. I think I paid around the $220 mark for the 6 lines, packaged with all my other brake goodies though.
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Melbourne

Next

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests