Extreme Tyres is Extremely Crap!!!

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Extreme Tyres is Extremely Crap!!!

Postby BlackGT » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:00 am

This is a general warning to those that live in Sydney.

Never ever ever ever buy anything from Extreme Tyres on Canterbury Road Canterbury as they are truley crap at what they do (which is very little). They no little to nothing about tyres and have little to no services and absolutely no customer service. If you have any problems don't bother going back.

They make you wait inside their dirty smelly shop for hours on end before they will acknowledge your existence then tell you to F*&^ off.

For the love of god do not ever go to this shop. May their business collapse in a heap and die a slow painful death. I don't want to write an entire essay on what happened but please trust me on this one.

:evil: :angry2: :hunter: :butcher: :morpheus: :assassin:
No longer Comin' through like a funeral all BLACK on BLACK
Now Comin' through like a polar bear at a funeral all WHITE on BLACK

435i Gran Coupé F36
19's, SuperSprint exhaust, BMR Custom Tune
Greater than 275kW's of fun

Used to have
2.0T Blackbeast with clutch

Cat Back Exhaust, CAI, ECUTek, Whiteline Swaybars Black 18's on Bridgestone RE050A's + DBA4000's & Hawk Performance Pads = >180kW of fun
With Dual Flywheel Exedy Clutch for that extra lift

Goodbye - 2011 Harley Davidson Iron 883 - Black on Black
BlackGT

Car: BMW 435i Gran Coupe

Postby AndrewCowley » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:11 am

Thanks for the tip.
MY04 GT Sedan: HKS Panel Filter. AVO TMIC. PHAT Dump Pipe. STi Quads. Pulse Racing ECU Tune. DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors. Dixcel M Pads. Spec B Bilsteins. Swift Sport Springs. Whiteline F&R Swaybars. Whiteline FSB. J Speed LCA Bushes.
AndrewCowley

Postby XRC15T » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:46 pm

I'm curious about the story now........
XRC15T

Postby Ric » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:17 am

If it's something you don't want visible to the public or search engines, put it in the "Off Topic Lounge".
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby BlackGT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:25 am

XRC15T wrote:I'm curious about the story now........

If you really wanna know.........

I purchased my rims and tyres from them just before xmas last year (getting them is another long and painful story) however I noticed that it had noticiable vibrations at driving speeds of around 100-110 which is extremely annoying considering all motorways and freewaysyou drive at those speeds. The shop was closed till early this year. So when they did open and I called and they said that their main guy was on holidays for 2 1/2 weeks and they guy i spoke said and I quote "Like you I don;t know sh1t about tyres".
So I figured out there is only one guy there in the shop who supposidly knows something. I was meant to wait for his return.

In the mean time I took the car to TyrePower in case the they had botched up the balance and according to TyrePower two wheels wern't balanced at all. So I get them balanced and still no good.

After 2 1/2 weeks I had lots of problem getting a hold of the "guy who knows sh1t". Finally got a hold of him and he said come in. I took a day off work to go there as they don't open early and work late and are not open Sundays. I go in there and makes me wait ages as usual and checks the tyres for balancing (even though this was checked). He said in his best lebanese accent "TyrePower machine bullsh1t this one is the best, I check for you". So he checks it and says the wheels are out of balance :? :? :? . So he balances the front two and I tell him to do the rear also which he wasn't going to do initially. I go for a drive and still no difference. I take it back to him and he says call me on Thursday (it was Monday when i was there) and he would give me an option of 4 different tyres.

Naturally I couldn't get a hold of him Thursday and when i finally got a hold him he said he ordered my tyres (I had no idea of what I was getting). He said to come in and for the next two weeks I wastrying to arrange a day to come in. Each day he would say tomorrow so i would have to take the car to work and park in the city. Including tolls, parking, petrol each day would cost me close to $50. So far i had lost hundreds of $$.

Finally all the planets had aligned and he said i could come in. So I left work early to get there and guess what..his boss said he had gone home.... :shock: :evil: for farks sake!!!!!!!!!!. When I checked what tyres he had bought they were a different brand and size, one which i was not pleased about as they were definately a cheaper tyre. Cut a nother long story short i had to go home with my tail between my legs to an angry wife asking why hadn't something been done yet.

So I had to try and get a hold of this guy again and arrange another day to go there each time i would have to stand in this crappy shop for hours on end like I was waiting to see some messiah. I gave in and said i would take his cheaper tyres.

When i got to the shop I waited as usual even though he had promised that this time my car would be looked at straight away and I would have the tyres swapped right there. After the wait he he said "he wanted to go for a drive". By this stage i was fairly pissed of and told him "no". There was no way this fat, hairy greasball with his dirty hands was driving my car. He said he wanted to make sure it was not my suspension which had no problems with the factory wheels and tyres. I asked him just to change the tyres and he told me to "f&(^ off" after i said i wasn't going to let him go for a drive.

I am going to cut my loses and report this guy to consumer affairs and buy some decent new rubber.

FAARRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

435i Gran Coupé F36

Used to have

Cat Back Exhaust, CAI, ECUTek, Whiteline Swaybars Black 18's on Bridgestone RE050A's + DBA4000's & Hawk Performance Pads = >180kW of fun

BlackGT

Postby hks180 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:07 am

ooohhhh that sound painful !!!!!!!

it's making me angry !!!! :evil:

Leo
hks180

Postby gt_dicko » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:19 pm

Would be worth talking to the NSW version of VCAT and getting their opinion on the matter.
Good luck with it.
gt_dicko

Postby Mo_GT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:47 pm

Thats no way to run a business...

Btw,what rims and tyres did u buy?
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby BlackGT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:58 pm

Mo_GT wrote:Thats no way to run a business...

The rims were some Brand called Nexo and the tyres were Pirelli's. This is the 2nd time I bought Pirelli's an d the 2nd time I've found excessive vibration, I reckon they are a crap tyre brand.

435i Gran Coupé F36

Used to have

BlackGT

Postby Mo_GT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:36 pm

BlackGT wrote:
Mo_GT wrote:Thats no way to run a business...

The rims were some Brand called Nexo and the tyres were Pirelli's. This is the 2nd time I bought Pirelli's an d the 2nd time I've found excessive vibration, I reckon they are a crap tyre brand.

I'd get in touch with Pirelli and who ever distributes Nexo direct and tell them your situation. Its not good for them to have retailers such as the ones you've been to.
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby BlackGT » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:16 am

A quick update...

After getting in contact with Pirelli it turns out that the tyres are in fact 11 years old (I had no idea that Silica 225/35/R18 were available back then). After trying several more times to get them replaced or refunded I have now lodged a case with Dept of Fair Trading. We'll see how we go with them. In the mean time I will be forking out for a brand new set of Falken FK452's.

435i Gran Coupé F36

Used to have

BlackGT

Postby BlackGT » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:16 pm

Latest update....

So the Dept of Fair Trading got onto the case of these dodgy guys and cut a long story short the shop put the wrong tyre size on my receipt (I should have been more thorough). Now they are claiming the tyres on my car were not sold by them!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? :shock: They are simply denying that they sold it to me. So my questions how did the tyres on my car magically appear?? Maybe the tyre fairy put it on? :blink::shock:

To add more insult to injury they are also saying that the tyres they did sell to me were "2nd hand" and they said that I was aware that they were selling me 2nd hand tyres which didn't make sense as the tyres looked brand new as they had the stickers on them.

So i am awaiting a letter that will take the matter to a hearing.

BRING IT ON

DODGY DODGY DODGY BASTARDS!!!!!!

435i Gran Coupé F36

Used to have

BlackGT

Postby hks180 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:21 pm

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2:
hks180

Postby BlackGT » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:04 pm

Latest update..

I case will go before the DOFT hearing sometime within the next month and hopefully someone will see that I have been severly ripped off and rightfully refund some money to me.

In the meantime I got new rubber Dunlop SP9000's on there and the car feels soooo much nicer and no more vibrating steering wheel. I am loving my car again.. Happy times. :D :D

435i Gran Coupé F36

Used to have

BlackGT

Postby LIBER8ED » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:22 am

sorry to hear about all that mate, i had some dramas getting my wheels when i did, but no where near as much as it seems you have.

one advantage i guess i might have, is the fact that local businesses around here, tend to look after the military, cause they know they if we get screwed around, that the name of thier company, and sure as hell the twit you deal with, will be spred throughout the 1500 odd people on this base.

Its a comparison i made one day going to the same shop to get a quote on two consecutive days, one wearing uniform, one not, 150 difference in price!!! go figure

either way champion i hope something comes out of it, and you get if anything closure on the situation.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.