pics of lowered gen4s and what springs?

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Postby Mo_GT » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:55 pm

IDOLYZ wrote:
yeah, but in the end, it's not worth replacing perfectly good shocks with expensive ones so it won't be hoppy when going round fast corners....

Well, to that i'd say - you replaced perfectly good springs so that the car would...

But you get my point :)
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby Mo_GT » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:00 pm

adamgtspecb wrote:
Mo_GT wrote:
The car will probably corner better at moderate speeds, but i'm willing to bet that at high speeds you car feels a bit 'hoppy' ?

I got pedders sports ryders in the 2.0 and I think you've nailed the description of "being hoppy at higher speeds" perfectly. a car that had quite a bit of roll before now sits very flat through corners but if the speed is up or if the surface is less than good, it .......kinda... well.... hops...a bit?!? I didn't know how good it could be until I started taking the same corners in the other car. even at higher speeds it still feels much smoother.
adam

Yeah, thats cos at higher speeds the out of wack shock/spring rates come into play - ie the springs are too stiff when compressed that they limit the schock's ability to absorb shocks so the car feels hoppy.

If you have someone follow you when your car does this, they will see your head bobing about :)
Mo_GT

Postby adam » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:55 am

Mo_GT wrote:

If you have someone follow you when your car does this, they will see your head bobing about :)

nnaahhhh...... thats just me listenin' to the hilltop hoods! :new_russian:
I spend most of my money on booze, fast cars and women, I just waste the rest...
adam

Postby btbam » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:51 am

so if i purchase the STI Springs ( they only drop the car 20mm i beleive ) will my car be "hoppy" around corners?
btbam

Postby sogg » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:28 am

I am also interested to know if you fit the sti springs to the spec b will it be ok? Do the spec b and tuned by sti share the same bilstein shocks?
sogg

Postby Mo_GT » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:34 pm

btbam wrote:so if i purchase the STI Springs ( they only drop the car 20mm i beleive ) will my car be "hoppy" around corners?

You might get away with the STi springs as the drop is only 15mm to 20mm on std shocks (not std Bils). I can't tell you for certain as i haven't seen it done.
Never Argue With An Idiot... They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.
Mo_GT

Postby Mo_GT » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:37 pm

sogg wrote:I am also interested to know if you fit the sti springs to the spec b will it be ok? Do the spec b and tuned by sti share the same bilstein shocks?

Spec B with the Bilsteins ? That would work perfectly as STi makes the springs to complement the Bils shocks on the GT

I think the Aust Spec B and t/b STi are probably the same shocks - not sure but i really don't see SA going to the trouble of re-valving the shocks and carrying out R&D for the t/b STi.
Never Argue With An Idiot... They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.
Mo_GT

Postby Mano™ » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:14 pm

8)
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby OzSTi » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:26 pm

Pictures of GT tuned by STi show the cars are not lowered by much if at all compared to the std specB.

That said, I'm still going for STi pinks as I believe they will handle well and are consistent with my DIY STi pursuit. :D
Michael.
OzSTi

Car: '16 Mustang GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23470

Postby PHAT GT » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:09 pm

hey guys i can supply STI pink springs for $300 landed in Sydney

Michael

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
PHAT GT

Postby EJ25 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:27 pm

PHAT GT wrote:hey guys i can supply STI pink springs for $300 landed in Sydney

Michael
does this include installation?
EJ25

Postby OzSTi » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:32 pm

That is a very good price!

We're talking STi pinks (set of 4) for '07 GT SpecBs?
Michael.
OzSTi

Car: '16 Mustang GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23470

Postby sogg » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:42 pm

Wow thats very tempting. Can anyone tell me if you have to have these springs installed by subaru? Or can you have them installed somewhere else and still not have the warrenty voided?
sogg

Postby PHAT GT » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:39 am

no sorry this does not include installation

yes these are the real deal NOT fake 100% STI

yes i can get these springs for all models of subaru, there are two types of springs medium K=39N/mm and firm K=59N/mm which lower the car 15-20mm max

these springs are in stock most of the time in Japan

Michael

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
PHAT GT

Postby sogg » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:01 am

PHAT GT wrote:no sorry this does not include installation

yes these are the real deal NOT fake 100% STI

yes i can get these springs for all models of subaru, there are two types of springs medium K=39N/mm and firm K=59N/mm which lower the car 15-20mm max

these springs are in stock most of the time in Japan

Michael

So does that mean that the medium ones would be the closest match to the stock springs in terms of ride comfort , and wont effect the comfort of the car asmuch as the firmer ones, but still improve handeling and apparence?
sogg

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.