pics of lowered gen4s and what springs?

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Postby et » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:17 pm

PHAT GT wrote:yes i can get these springs for all models of subaru, there are two types of springs medium K=39N/mm and firm K=59N/mm which lower the car 15-20mm max
Michael

Just to clarify: do both types (39N/mm and 59N/mm) lower the car by 15-20 mm? Or just the stiffer ones?
You would not know by any chance how they compare to whiteline controls in terms of spring rates?
et

Postby SkoobyGT » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:21 pm

Phat don't STI make lower ones?

20mm max doesn' sound like anything, even looking at the pedders ones that drop it 40mm, is still not even that low.

It would be nice to get genuine STI springs, but 15mm s nothing in terms of looks imo.
************FOR SALE - $20,999 - ************2004 GT Liberty
SkoobyGT

Postby PHAT GT » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:46 pm

SkoobyGT wrote:Phat don't STI make lower ones?

20mm max doesn' sound like anything, even looking at the pedders ones that drop it 40mm, is still not even that low.

It would be nice to get genuine STI springs, but 15mm s nothing in terms of looks imo.

The STI springs are made to suit the standard shock limits with out doing any damage to them

Tein make spring that will take you 25mm down at $300 a set

Michael

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
PHAT GT

Postby SkoobyGT » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:23 pm

Cheers :lol:
************FOR SALE - $20,999 - ************2004 GT Liberty
SkoobyGT

Postby XRC15T » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:01 pm

FYi the STI Pinks are Front 39 / Rear 59
XRC15T

Postby sogg » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:29 pm

XRC15T wrote:FYi the STI Pinks are Front 39 / Rear 59

what would happen if u used front 39 and rear 39?
sogg

Postby Mo_GT » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:58 pm

sogg wrote:
XRC15T wrote:FYi the STI Pinks are Front 39 / Rear 59

what would happen if u used front 39 and rear 39?

The rear would squat... the car would be somewhat unbalanced i think as well and it might even get tail happy.

Plus you'd have to find a set of springs with those rates.
Never Argue With An Idiot... They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby Rosso » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:37 pm

Hey Mo how were the s-techs? did you combine them with bilsteins & do you have any side on shots of your old gt?
Cheers,

Rosso.

#135/300 MY07 GT Spec B Tuned by Sti Sedan
Obsidian Black Pearl w/Charcoal Rims, 6MT.
Rosso

Postby Mo_GT » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:57 pm

Rosso wrote:Hey Mo how were the s-techs? did you combine them with bilsteins & do you have any side on shots of your old gt?

I loved the S-techs on the 05 and am in the process of getting them for the 07 as well. Yes i had them on with the billys.

Keep in mind that these spring are not going to give you all out perfromance, what i wanted out of the car was for it to be stable and handle better while also having a nice ride quality - the teins and billys did that.

best i could do with side pics:

:)
Never Argue With An Idiot... They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.
Mo_GT

Postby SUM12C » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:17 pm

Has anyone lowered a MY04 or similar GT with the stock 17" wheels? if so how is the clearance? just asking because I was thinking about getting pink bits (sti springs) but currently I’m finding my front bumper is hitting the ground in some driveways as with the tow bar and if I park in a parking station my car sticks out because my car doesn’t clear the bump stops and worried if I get the sti springs I might end up ripping off the front bumper or damaging the rear of the car. (I have gone in and out of driveways on different types of angles and if I try more of a angle I will be driving sideways)
| MY04 GT 5AT RED | STI Lateral Link Set, Strut Brace & Springs | Whiteline Adj Sway Bars | Cusco end Links & Brackets | Hi Tech Quads | HKS dump | Apexi Pod Filter | Air guide | Now rolling on 18" |
SUM12C

Car: MY04 Liberty GT

Postby Mo_GT » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:23 pm

SUM12C wrote:Has anyone lowered a MY04 or similar GT with the stock 17" wheels? if so how is the clearance?

Yes, mine as pics above show

just asking because I was thinking about getting pink bits (sti springs) but currently I’m finding my front bumper is hitting the ground in some driveways as with the tow bar and if I park in a parking station my car sticks out because my car doesn’t clear the bump stops and worried if I get the sti springs I might end up ripping off the front bumper or damaging the rear of the car. (I have gone in and out of driveways on different types of angles and if I try more of a angle I will be driving sideways)

STi springs don't lower as much as mine(tein).
Mo_GT

Postby lordsnipe » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:19 am

Can anyone quickly list who makes uprated shocks for lower springs for our Gen 4s?

I have a mate at Coventrys who has access to a whole load of suppliers and the only replacement shocks that he can find are KYBs .. and they are factory replacements, so not any better.

I know Mo had Bilsteins .. i take it they were ordered ex Japan?
lordsnipe

Postby bonski » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:17 am

Tein Flex

bonski

Postby Mo_GT » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:03 pm

lordsnipe wrote:I know Mo had Bilsteins .. i take it they were ordered ex Japan?

Yeah but you can also buy the Billys as fitted to the t/b STI GT and conventry's should be able to get them for a bit cheaper than subaru dealers.

The ony two that i came across locally (that i would buy) were the koni and billy inserts.

Btw - uprated (decent) shocks and springs will cost you almost as much as something like the Tein Flex coilovers so consider that too - personal preferences tho...
Mo_GT

Postby lordsnipe » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:18 pm

Mo_GT wrote:
lordsnipe wrote:I know Mo had Bilsteins .. i take it they were ordered ex Japan?

The ony two that i came across locally (that i would buy) were the koni and billy inserts.

Btw - uprated (decent) shocks and springs will cost you almost as much as something like the Tein Flex coilovers so consider that too - personal preferences tho...

ahh inserts .. maybe he was looking at a full shock assembly instead of hacking up the stock parts.

in regards to cost .. Tein Flex are ~2K landed yeah and then fitting labour? ... unless shocks are $1700, then I doubt it's gonna be the same cost.

For a street car, I think i'll stick with springs / shocks .. I know coilovers are adjustable and everything, but I can do without the extra price premium and adjustability if I can get away with it.
lordsnipe

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.