Is this too low

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Is this too low

Postby NattyFlat6 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:33 pm

First post as I just bought this MY05 Sedan and found this site a couple days ago. Curious how many of you have your liberty this low, as it's super firm and not very comfy- but does look decent.

2022-08-17 16.30.37.jpg
2022-08-17 16.30.37.jpg (156.02 KiB) Viewed 1200 times

2022-08-17 16.31.50.jpg
2022-08-17 16.31.50.jpg (164.07 KiB) Viewed 1200 times
NattyFlat6

Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B

Re: Is this too low

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:29 am

I’m about a finger gap on Shockworks coilovers, preserving some travel for grand touring missions.

If the suspension is working in reverse to how you want it to, eg harsh on smaller bumps and wallowy in corners and over longer bumps, consider new dampers, I’d try KYB SR, or Koni sport struts, the latter being damper adjustable.

It’s common for the rear springs to settle over time, your rake can be adjusted with saggy butt spacers.

If you’re on coilovers try the damping on full soft and adjust harder to suit your preference.
You’ll need a coilover hook wrench to adjust ride height, or use a block of hardwood and a small hammer to undo & tighten the lock rings.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: Is this too low

Postby NattyFlat6 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:56 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:I’m about a finger gap on Shockworks coilovers, preserving some travel for grand touring missions.

If the suspension is working in reverse to how you want it to, eg harsh on smaller bumps and wallowy in corners and over longer bumps, consider new dampers, I’d try KYB SR, or Koni sport struts, the latter being damper adjustable.

It’s common for the rear springs to settle over time, your rake can be adjusted with saggy butt spacers.

If you’re on coilovers try the damping on full soft and adjust harder to suit your preference.
You’ll need a coilover hook wrench to adjust ride height, or use a block of hardwood and a small hammer to undo & tighten the lock rings.

Thanks mate! I bought the car with BC BR coils on it. have given it about 25 mil on each wheel and will dial the damping to get it a bit softer. Previous owner had it on full race spec and it was undriveable over potholes haha
NattyFlat6

Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.