Shockworks vs Ohlins R&T

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Shockworks vs Ohlins R&T

Postby Kozy » Wed May 13, 2020 5:03 pm

Looking to buy a set of decent coilovers for my Gen IV H6 Wagon. Have been speaking to Brett at Shockworks about his kits, and while they sound fantastic (I love that he has separate tunings for the four and six cylinder versions as well as the wagon and sedan), the cost of shipping and import taxes to the UK puts the price firmly in the realms of the Ohlins Road and Track kit, and taking into account the costs to have both sets returned for servicing, the Ohlins actually work out slightly cheaper.

Anyone have any experience with these two kits on a Gen 4? I be especially interested in hearing from anyone that’s been fortunate enough to experience both back to back!
Kozy

Car: 2008 Pearl White 3.0R Spec B Wagon

Re: Shockworks vs Ohlins R&T

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:58 pm

Not back to back, but I can say the Shockworks were benchmarked at the developement stage against a set of Ohlins that were locally refurbed and dyno’d.

Did Brett mention if getting Shockworks serviced locally to you was an option?
Eg using SW seals and service kit?

I’m getting my very early production set (#2, BP damper code develeopment set) refurbed asap.

Not because they’ve failed in any way, but preventative maintenance and damper code upgrade.

They have around 65k km on them.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.