Need More Camber (GEN 3)

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Need More Camber (GEN 3)

Postby k.horton16 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:20 pm

Hello all,

Got a BE9 Gen 3 running BC Reds all round with camber tops. The rear is okay as they're maxed out lowness which gives it some natural camber. However the fronts are nowhere near where I wan't it even with the tops cambered out.

Was just wondering how much the actual factory bottom-bolts allow for change? If not much, whats the best way to go. I've obviously seen the Whiteline ones but I can't seem to notice a massive difference online from their listings. Are there any other options apart from custom arms and crap?

DISCLAIMER: I do not care about the quality of the ride/what you think of this choice as the car is setup for stance. I'd talk to a few Jap bois if I spoke their language as they have their Gen 3 stance game on point so I know it can be done proper.

Thanks.
k.horton16

Car: 2002 Subaru Liberty RX

Re: Need More Camber (GEN 3)

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:05 pm

Iirc you modify the strut mounts to accept the stock camber bolts in the lower hole and run aftermarket camber bolts in the top hole.

After that your inner rim edge hitting the strut or coilover becomes the limit.

If you’re still camber limited, it’s possible to relocate the top hat mount holes in the body, clearance the actual hole the top sticks through or use a custom camber plate to locate the top nut as far inwards as is possible.

After that and you’d be in custom LCA territory with custom driveshafts.
Devil camber ftw!
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.