Nolathane or Whiteline or Superpro...

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Nolathane or Whiteline or Superpro...

Postby Tonic » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:21 pm

My search indicates it has been a while since bushing were discussed. So what is the current thinking?

I drive rough roads and efficiently!

The stock bushes seem to be done every couple of years so going to go something a bit better. Lower control arms mainly. Rears seem to have lasted but late breaking on rough bitumen probably puts all the pressure on the front.

I like the Nolathane/superpro type with longevity and good performance seeming to be there.
But what does the forum think these days. Whiteline and Nolathane both seem to get good feedback from here.

But what do the more learned say?

And while we are on it which has the better sway bar links?

At this stage leaning towards Nolathane.
Tonic

Car: 06 Liberty 3.0RB now 09 facelift

Re: Nolathane or Whiteline or Superpro...

Postby Tim Spence » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:07 pm

Nolathane and Whiteline are the same product, produced by the same parent company, Redranger.
They are both good, as is Superpro and Pedders Poly Urethane offerings these days.

I would suggest sticking to rubber though, especially considering what you've said about your application. Poly Urethane requires regular cleaning and greasing to get good life out of them and I'm not convinced that there is any lifespan advantage even if you had the skills/tools to maintain the Urethane yourself.

In my opinion there is only two reasons to use poly urethan bushes, one would be dedicated race car where you're chasing every last bit of rigidity and control. The other is where you can't get a rubber bush to do the job, such as, if you need to put an offset bush in the front lower control arm to offset castor, that can only be done with urethane bushes.

Other than those two situations, I would always recommend rubber bushings, they are more comfortable, they require no regular maintenance, and dust/dirt is not attracted to the grease that urethane bushes require.
Rubber is best for a street car.
Tim Spence

Re: Nolathane or Whiteline or Superpro...

Postby Tonic » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:55 pm

Interesting Tim.
I just seem to burn through front lower control arm ones. That’s why I was thinking urethane is more durable and perhaps better.
Tonic

Car: 06 Liberty 3.0RB now 09 facelift

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.