Page 1 of 2

Finally put the Teins on the car...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:24 pm
by Kevlar GT
Finally installed my Teins today. Only took about 3 1/2 hours and managed to do the whole lot solo (second jack comes in very handy).

Here's a dodgy garage pic, will post more up in some better light etc later.

Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:35 pm
by chriskan
noice.. especially doing it solo! I wouldn't have had the patience :)

Happy with the result? Looks good!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:17 pm
by Arith
Wheels! Sways! Springs! Pretty much complete! Looks good, Kev. Did you manage to take it out for a spin to see if you like the results? It'll look even more so once the springs settle.

Dang, 3.5 hours. I wouldn't have had the patience either.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:42 pm
by Kevlar GT
Ha ha ha, I've done a few suspension change overs and this one was easy going compared to the others. Gave me something different to do for a Saturday morning and the good feeling of getting it done myself was nice. The other positive is that I used all the tools I have bought in the past for such occasions. Having everything on hand was a benefit. I also justified the gym membership by not requiring a breaker bar !

Yeah, I took it for a short drive initially. Had a grin on my face just backing it out the drive. Very 'solid' feel to it and with the rear sway and front strut brace it is certainly a compliment to the car. Later in the afternoon I took it for a decent run and it's great, not too harsh - no worse feeling that the STi set up I had in the Forester.

:D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:14 am
by norbs
Not a bad bargain there hey Kev :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:58 am
by Kevlar GT
norbs wrote:Not a bad bargain there hey Kev :wink:


Exactly mate, best buy so far that is for sure. I've been hanging to put them on but had so many trips to do where I knew the car would be loaded up and didn't want to bother with raising and lowering etc - mind you in hindsight I should have !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:10 pm
by Mano™
I think needs to be a bit lower :P doesn't looked lowered heheheh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:10 pm
by CJ1177
LI81TY wrote:I think needs to be a bit lower :P doesn't looked lowered heheheh

Just wind the rear struts all the way down & the fronts to match 8) & your done

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:24 pm
by Arith
I thought Kev got the S.Techs?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:35 pm
by Kevlar GT
Arith wrote:I thought Kev got the S.Techs?


No, bought the coilovers off Norbs a loooong time ago and they are what I put on. Test to come tomorrow when I drive over the speed humps in the work carpark. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:21 pm
by Arith
Kevlar GT wrote:bought the coilovers off Norbs a loooong time ago and they are what I put on. Test to come tomorrow when I drive over the speed humps in the work carpark. :wink:

Oh yeah, that's right. In that case let me channel Mano's spirit and say "Slam that sh*t!" :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:01 pm
by suff
Those wheels look fantastic on that body colour! Looking good all around :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:07 am
by 04GT
Should of went lower :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:44 am
by Kevlar GT
04GT wrote:Should of went lower :P


Damn, I think this particular shot is a little deceptive as I can only just get my fingers between the tyres and the guards. Any lower and I won't get up my driveway or over the speed humps at work without looking like a dick and doing the left>right sweep to get by.

A few more roundabouts on the way to work and I am loving the new handling ! :D 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:42 pm
by 04GT
wog crawl bruva lol