Gecko Coilovers?

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Gecko Coilovers?

Postby kaneliberty » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Just wanting to no if any members on here are running geckos street or racing coilovers on here?
kaneliberty

Car: MY04 Liberty GT Gen 4

Re: Gecko Coilovers?

Postby fedaykin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:53 pm

Same as D2/K-Sport?
fedaykin

Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Postby Adrian2627 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:16 pm

Have a look at the TEIN Flex Z. They are made here in Yokohama but use a closed non-serviceable damper to save production costs. When the damper wears out you unscrew it and slot in a new one. They've been selling like hot cakes here in Japan. The "my Prius is a race car" guys love em.
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Postby kaneliberty » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 pm

fedaykin wrote:Same as D2/K-Sport?

very similar seen them around on a few forums also just trying to work out a good price on some coilovers that won't break my budget
kaneliberty

Postby kaneliberty » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:46 pm

Adrian2627 wrote:Have a look at the TEIN Flex Z. They are made here in Yokohama but use a closed non-serviceable damper to save production costs. When the damper wears out you unscrew it and slot in a new one. They've been selling like hot cakes here in Japan. The "my Prius is a race car" guys love em.

I have been quoted $1580 for the flex Z a little out of my price range and my car is of the road I've heard they use the same sleeves like the teins hmm they are really nice thou hmmmm need more money :evil: :evil: :evil:
kaneliberty

Postby Adrian2627 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:03 pm

kaneliberty wrote:
Adrian2627 wrote:Have a look at the TEIN Flex Z. They are made here in Yokohama but use a closed non-serviceable damper to save production costs. When the damper wears out you unscrew it and slot in a new one. They've been selling like hot cakes here in Japan. The "my Prius is a race car" guys love em.

I have been quoted $1580 for the flex Z a little out of my price range and my car is of the road I've heard they use the same sleeves like the teins hmm they are really nice thou hmmmm need more money :evil: :evil: :evil:

That's twice what they are going for here in Japan. You guys are getting ripped. Even RRP here is still under AU$1200. If you are going to have to drop $1500 on Z Flex then I'd grab a set of stock KYB shocks, get your car back on the road, and save for something decent like Shockworks. I've recently put in a set of HKS Hipermax GTs but going on the Z Flex price you'll be looking at AU$2k+ for them.
Adrian2627

Postby jiggabite » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:32 pm

Check out MCA coilovers. They are made in Queensland. Lots of happy Subaru owners use them.
jiggabite

Car: MY07 Liberty GTB Sedan Pearl White

Postby kaneliberty » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:59 am

Adrian2627 wrote:
kaneliberty wrote:

That's twice what they are going for here in Japan. You guys are getting ripped. Even RRP here is still under AU$1200. If you are going to have to drop $1500 on Z Flex then I'd grab a set of stock KYB shocks, get your car back on the road, and save for something decent like Shockworks. I've recently put in a set of HKS Hipermax GTs but going on the Z Flex price you'll be looking at AU$2k+ for them.

I took your advice and went with the Tein Flex Z I'm so happy in knowing i spent that little extra and got the japan made can't wait to slot them under the lib thanks again :D :D :D
kaneliberty

Postby Adrian2627 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:02 pm

I hope you are happy with them. Just remember that the more you lower the car the more you'll have to correct the geometry and things like caster, camber, roll centre etc.
Adrian2627

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.