GT-B Replacement Calipers

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

GT-B Replacement Calipers

Postby Todzilla » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi all, it's been a while since I last posted here, but have been lurking around nonetheless.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new set of DBA T3 rotors and will of course be installing new pads as well (leaning towards Intima or perhaps Remsa). While researching options I have been looking into more attractive calipers to replace the stock items. Is anyone here aware of suitable replacement calipers that will fit the standard 316mm rotors under stock GT-B rims (which I'm keen to retain). I'm happy with the performance of the current setup, so wouldn't want to sacrifice performance for appearance. If there's a product (Subaru or other) that others can recommend then I'd be grateful for the advice.

Of course, if this proves to be a prohibitively expensive exercise, then I'll stick with simply painting my existing calipers.

Regards
Todzilla

Car: MY07 GT-B Sedan

Re: GT-B Replacement Calipers

Postby WIDELOAD » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:34 am

No other calipers are a bolt on for the 316mm rotors.
There are adapater kits around to put the 4pot Nissan 300zx/R32/etc calipers over the 316mm rotors, but there's not any real performance benefits. Plus it's a fairy spendy thing to do.

Stick with your factory calipers.

For pads Contact our very own Owen @ Garage 88 in Sydney for some Dixcel gear.
WIDELOAD

Car: MY08 GT Spec B

Re: GT-B Replacement Calipers

Postby Todzilla » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly the kind of informed response I was seeking. Cheers!
Todzilla

Car: MY07 GT-B Sedan

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.