brake compability with post FL gen 4 Liberty 3.0r

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

brake compability with post FL gen 4 Liberty 3.0r

Postby deadlylyric » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:44 am

Hi guys

I am looking for some brake upgrades for my 3.0r from the stock 2pot/1pot to 4pot/2pot and possible some slotted disc. Could anyone tell me what other model and year's brake caliper/disc would be a straight fit? I have heard that the Liberty GT brakes are a straight fit but unsure about other models like WRX.

Thanks guys!
deadlylyric

Re: brake compability with post FL gen 4 Liberty 3.0r

Postby WIDELOAD » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:35 am

If you do a search on these forums you can find all the info you need.
BUT. To save you the time...

The 3.0R & GT brakes are the same size, and are damn good brakes for what they are.
Get yourself good rotors, pads, braided lines, good high boiling point fluid & a master cylinder stopper and you'll be set.

If you really insist on upgrading the ONLY factory brakes that are a slight upgrade are the tuned by STi Brembos. Fronts are a bolt on swap, rears require some stuffing about. You will also most likely need to change rims as the Brembos need more clearance.
WIDELOAD

Car: MY08 GT Spec B

Postby BillyCorgi » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:53 am

deadlylyric wrote:Hi guys

I am looking for some brake upgrades for my 3.0r from the stock 2pot/1pot to 4pot/2pot and possible some slotted disc. Could anyone tell me what other model and year's brake caliper/disc would be a straight fit? I have heard that the Liberty GT brakes are a straight fit but unsure about other models like WRX.

Thanks guys!

Gen4 3.0R Spec-B brakes and Gen4 LGT Brakes are the same.
A Factory Service Manual is a great investment to make to understand which vehicle have what equipment.
Get your Short Shift Adaptor viewtopic.php?f=68&t=30525
Get your Gear Shift Rejuvenation Kit viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31240
Get your Centre Differential Rebuild viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31089
Want a custom built Brake Cylinder Stopper? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31321
Need to hire a Guard Rolling Machine? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31899
Get your BillyCorgi's "Not-4-Wimps" Chilli Sauce
BillyCorgi

Car: Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon E85 Flex Fuel
Profile URL: www.facebook.com/CorgiWerx

Postby deadlylyric » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:54 pm

WIDELOAD wrote:If you do a search on these forums you can find all the info you need.
BUT. To save you the time...

The 3.0R & GT brakes are the same size, and are damn good brakes for what they are.
Get yourself good rotors, pads, braided lines, good high boiling point fluid & a master cylinder stopper and you'll be set.

If you really insist on upgrading the ONLY factory brakes that are a slight upgrade are the tuned by STi Brembos. Fronts are a bolt on swap, rears require some stuffing about. You will also most likely need to change rims as the Brembos need more clearance.

Thanks man, however my 3.0r is a non spec-B so the brake i believe are 2 pot front/1 pot rear, I just really want to upgrade to 4 pot brakes for both performance and appearance reason as 4 pot looks much better when painted.
So i was wondering if the stock GT brakes are 4 pot or?
deadlylyric

Postby WIDELOAD » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:16 am

deadlylyric wrote:Thanks man, however my 3.0r is a non spec-B so the brake i believe are 2 pot front/1 pot rear, I just really want to upgrade to 4 pot brakes for both performance and appearance reason as 4 pot looks much better when painted.
So i was wondering if the stock GT brakes are 4 pot or?

The GT/3.0R calipers are also 2pot/1pot. They are literally the same (as are Spec B).
If you do a '4pot' upgrade you will LOSE brake performance because they're smaller. The GT/H6 2pot set up has marginally less performance than the OEM Brembos, and if you do the upgrades to the stock brakes I suggested above they will outperform OEM Brembos.

If you're after cosmetics then look into the OEM Brembos or AP racing etc.
But it won't be a cheap swap.
WIDELOAD

Car: MY08 GT Spec B

Postby 77T » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:12 am

Since you're doing it for looks,may as well just get those stick on fake brembo covers.....

Some food for thought, BMW m3 used single pot front calipers so the number of pot isn't the be all and end all

Its the size that counts
77T

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R Sedan

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.