Front riding higher than rear, fix suggestions?

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Front riding higher than rear, fix suggestions?

Postby Swipez » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Typical Spec B, Bilsteins all round. (Mcpherson struts on front, coilovers on rear).

Stock the car rode higher in the front compared to the rear. I have since had lowered king springs fitted... STILL rides higher in the front. How can I lower the front?? It simply won't come down. Any suggestions fellas? Cheers.
Swipez

Car: MY07 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Re: Front riding higher than rear, fix suggestions?

Postby andy_mac » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:15 am

You sure its the front not coming down rather than the rears being saggy like a great deal of Subaru's suffer from.
Don't know much about king springs but do they have different versions for h4's and h6's the way sti pink springs have?

Reckon something like these would be the way to go, could make something up yourself for next to nothing.
http://www.paranoidfabrications.com/sho ... t-spacers/
2000 JDM Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD
2006 JDM Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon
2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness
andy_mac

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30298

Postby 3rspecb » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:48 am

The front and rear guard shape are not symmetrical, so the front will always look like it's sitting higher then the rears. Coilovers, rear shock spacers or get your springs reset if you want your guards to look even.
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby Swipez » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:23 pm

andy_mac wrote:You sure its the front not coming down rather than the rears being saggy like a great deal of Subaru's suffer from.
Don't know much about king springs but do they have different versions for h4's and h6's the way sti pink springs have?

Reckon something like these would be the way to go, could make something up yourself for next to nothing.
http://www.paranoidfabrications.com/sho ... t-spacers/

They're brand new springs, so they're not saggy. But I think you're right, ill check out those spacers, thanks.
Swipez

Postby Swipez » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:26 pm

3rspecb wrote:The front and rear guard shape are not symmetrical, so the front will always look like it's sitting higher then the rears. Coilovers, rear shock spacers or get your springs reset if you want your guards to look even.

Thanks heaps bro, makes sense to me. Its just that if I put spacers on the rear, it solves the unequal ride-hight problem, but i want my fronts lower. And the billies just wont go any lower. Very valid what you've said though. I just dont know how to lower the front.
Swipez

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.