Rear Brembo Brake fitting.

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Rear Brembo Brake fitting.

Postby VanillaIce220 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:26 pm

So I just want to be certain with what I am doing, and I am sure there are plenty of posts about this however I need it in a simpler form.

As the title states I am attempting to fit some rear brembo brakes to my lib. I bought the Kartboy adapters and have taken a small piece out so the adapters will fit the brembo brake caliper. Now I have read that to fit the adapter to the hub you need to grind off like 4mm of the hub assembly. I am not a mechanic and my knowledge is not the greatest. I know what the hub is, However I do not know exactly what I am grinding down and I want to know before I decide to jump into it. I am assuming its where the bolts connect the adapter to the hub? maybe the plate that goes around the hub? If someone can point it out for me that would be greatly appreciated :D
Meme god.
VanillaIce220

Car: Subaru Liberty 04 GT

Re: Rear Brembo Brake fitting.

Postby Manaz » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:39 pm

Try to mount the adapter. Where it hits, grind a bit. Try again, until you achieve success.

Honestly, the simple ways are often the best. :)
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Re: Rear Brembo Brake fitting.

Postby VanillaIce220 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:45 pm

Yeah I think i might just jump into it and just go that way and say grind this metal piece ahaha. Thanks anyway mate
Meme god.
VanillaIce220

Car: Subaru Liberty 04 GT

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.