saggy butt gen 4 pre face sedan.

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

saggy butt gen 4 pre face sedan.

Postby plattsy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:47 am

gentlemen.....

the sagging of the anus...... is it caused by blown shocks or tired springs?

my lib gt 05 auto sedan has a sagging butt... now i know i can get spacers.... but its not like ive put sedan shocks and springs in a wagon, so there has to be some cause to this?

if i pop in some new excel g struts on the rear, is this gonna help? or is it a case of the stock springs area a little soft and i need some heavier duty ones?

let me know what youve found out gents, id like to fix it properly, but if nobody has a clue why it happens, butt spacer it is.
plattsy

Car: gf8 wrx 05 lib gt 02 bug wrx

Re: saggy butt gen 4 pre face sedan.

Postby HardwareBoB » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 am

The springs sag, it's a known issue - happens to the best of us when we get old ;)

I fixed it by throwing out the stock suspension and getting coilovers, but spacers are a much cheaper fix!
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby plattsy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:46 am

HardwareBoB wrote:The springs sag, it's a known issue - happens to the best of us when we get old ;)

I fixed it by throwing out the stock suspension and getting coilovers, but spacers are a much cheaper fix!

thanks MAtt.

so a set of king stock replacement springs will cure it temporarily?! until it sags again....

i can get a deal for about 300 with kyb excel g for the rear end. might be worth it as i have a 3000km road trip coming up.
plattsy

Postby Curlay » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:58 am

Keen to find out about this one too, my Post-FL Spec B has saggy butt after 100,000km.
I'm not after for coilovers.
Would a new set of springs do the trick? Was considering pickup up a set of STi Pinks.
Curlay

Car: MY09 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Postby BigBCalais » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:05 pm

Curlay wrote:Keen to find out about this one too, my Post-FL Spec B has saggy butt after 100,000km.
I'm not after for coilovers.
Would a new set of springs do the trick? Was considering pickup up a set of STi Pinks.

I used to have a saggy butt until I put sti pinks in, because it was saggy the front lowered probably 20mm but the back only lowered probably 5mm to10mm max. It sits pretty even now
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby plattsy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:06 pm

I've picked up some king OEM replacements. 120 bucks. I'll update once fitted!
plattsy

Postby plattsy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:04 pm

ok....

fitted the king springs. caqr is a little bouncier on the rear end. prob means the shocks are dead too. they did take a long ass time to come back out, when i pushed the rod in.

any way, it sits a little better. about 10-20mm higher than before.

funny thing is the front end is also a little higher! no idea how. maybe just my eyes....
plattsy

Postby Tradewind » Fri May 01, 2015 6:53 pm

plattsy wrote:ok....

fitted the king springs. caqr is a little bouncier on the rear end. prob means the shocks are dead too. they did take a long ass time to come back out, when i pushed the rod in.

any way, it sits a little better. about 10-20mm higher than before.

funny thing is the front end is also a little higher! no idea how. maybe just my eyes....

Its a few weeks passed now, you happy with the new rears?

Mine has saggy but also, mainly would like to raise it a bit so when passengers etc are all in it doesn't bottom out so much
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Postby tom_kauf » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:37 am

Does anyone know where to get Spacers to fix Saggy Butt Syndrome? And what type/size?

I have a post facelift GTB Wagon and want to keep the factory suspension setup (it's the perfect level of sport and comfort for me). But the rear has always been a bit saggy since I got the car 3 years ago.

I have the rear Bilstein shocks out at the moment getting refurbished EDIT: Turns out the rears have a crimped top and can't be refurbished bit mine are still 100%, so now would be a good time to fit them (fronts were done earlier this year).
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby gtbsti » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:20 pm

gtbsti

Car: MY08 GT Spec.B Tuned By STi Wagon
Profile URL: JDM Wagonist

Postby tom_kauf » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:23 pm

gtbsti wrote:http://www.fastwrx.com/products/saggy-butt-spacers-2005-2009-legacy

Cheers Dom, I'll check them out :)
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Postby crazyricochet » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:26 pm

Tom, I bought a set of those spacers from fast wrx for my wagon with sti pinks. They sent them out pretty quick and I'm happy with how the wagon sits now. I haven't measured it but looks ok, ie rear is level with the front from the side.

I bought the 3/8" set with extended hardware, you'll need the longer bolts it comes with otherwise there's not enough thread to put the nuts in on top of the strut!
crazyricochet

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30231

Postby tom_kauf » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:28 am

crazyricochet wrote:Tom, I bought a set of those spacers from fast wrx for my wagon with sti pinks. They sent them out pretty quick and I'm happy with how the wagon sits now. I haven't measured it but looks ok, ie rear is level with the front from the side.

I bought the 3/8" set with extended hardware, you'll need the longer bolts it comes with otherwise there's not enough thread to put the nuts in on top of the strut!

Thanks James, I'll check the gap I have.

There is an OzFoz Forester member that also manufactures these, so I'll try him first :).

Yeah, I think I will need longer bolts - good to know, thanks.
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.