Cost of 19” tyres??

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Cost of 19” tyres??

Postby AdamW » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:35 pm

What are you guys paying for tyres (19”)?

I was told I can only fit the following tyres on my rim of choice..

Kahn RSV (19” 7.5” with the 45 offset) wheels..

225/40r19 93Y Michelin Pilot Sport 2 $685 each inc gst
225/40r19 93Y Pirelli P Zero Rosso $570 each inc gst
225/40r19 93Y Yokohama Advan Sport $590 each inc gst

Damn they are nearly as expensive as the rims..
MY08 Liberty GT-B tb STi 6MT -
With Just a Few Mods to (including but not limited to)..

Brakes - Suspension - Wheels - Intercooler - Headers - Exhaust - Dump Pipe - Turbo - CAI - Tune Etc..

Just Over 220kW ATW with more to come in a couple of weeks..
AdamW

Postby ultrablue » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:08 pm

i have the same size rims and have 225/35/19 atr sports and were $211 each from jaxs tyres . i think the 40 profile will throw your speedo way out
ultrablue

Car: 2010 ssv se

Postby AdamW » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Jax hey.. Same place I got my quote from..

“There are only 3 brands of tyres to suit your vehicle with the correct
load rating and rolling diameter that will fit these wheels. 225/40r19 93Y Michelin Pilot Sport 2 $685 each inc gst 225/40r19 93Y Pirelli P Zero Rosso $570 each inc gst 225/40r19 93Y Yokohama Advan Sport $590 each inc gst.”

I was thinking 40 series would be way too big on 19” rims.. They must have too many of these tyres in stock...

Thanks, thats a whole lot better than $600 a piece..

Brakes - Suspension - Wheels - Intercooler - Headers - Exhaust - Dump Pipe - Turbo - CAI - Tune Etc..

AdamW

Postby T-REXX » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:30 pm

i got Toyo Proxy 4s on my Tuned By STI Lib...

I got 19 x 8 CE28Ns and 235s

cost me $330 each
Blouch RBK
Bullet HD
COBB Tuning
ZeroSports

T-REXX

Postby Akwoo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:40 am

I got my Yokohama S Drives 235 19 35 for $420.
Very happy with them.

If i wanted to save money I would of gone the Falken FK452, heard great things about them. If i recall recorrectly, they went for about $300
Akwoo

Postby coyote » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:35 am

Why bother buying expensive, lightweight wheels if you are going to put crap tyres on them?

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby AdamW » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:31 pm

coyote wrote:Why bother buying expensive, lightweight wheels if you are going to put crap tyres on them?

True.. I will probably spend $400 - $500 a piece.. I am more so trying to get the best possible price on a good tyre.. If I know how much someone else has paid for a decent tyre, it gives me a bit more bargaining power.. I had Pirelli P Zeros on my last car and they lasted all of two months.. They tried to tell me it was the way I drove.. They were an brilliant tyre thou, they made such a difference to the handling and grip..

AdamW

Postby ultrablue » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:21 pm

just because a tyre is expensive doesn't mean its the best .i had concerns over the tyres i have got but i cant fault them at all ,grippy wet or dry and very quiet so go for the wank factor or save your money for other stuff
ultrablue

Postby coyote » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:39 pm

ultrablue wrote:wank factor

:roll:

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby AdamW » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:04 pm

ultrablue wrote:just because a tyre is expensive doesn't mean its the best .i had concerns over the tyres i have got but i cant fault them at all ,grippy wet or dry and very quiet so go for the wank factor or save your money for other stuff

Have you actually tried something like Pirelli P Zeros and compared them to a cheap no name tyre? I can say I have tried them all over the years and there is a massive difference in handling & performance when you are using a good quality tyre (this doesn’t mean its the most expensive tyre on the shelf, but in most cases you get what you pay for).. There is no point spending $80K on a car and another $10K on mods just to run cheap crusty tyres.. They are the only thing that connects you to the road and allows you to utilise your car to its full potential.. This is my first all wheel drive car, so traction during acceleration my not be a major concern, in previous RWD cars I really noticed the difference in traction that a decent set of tyres made, and this carries through to the cars handeling.. and its all tax deductible for me, so why not get the better tyres..

AdamW

Postby ultrablue » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:38 pm

i have tried many different brands over the years and have been doing supersprints and hill climbs and seen the difference good tyres make.you asked for peoples views on a particular size tire which i gave you, again you assume these tyre are crap because they are cheap. my freind had p zeros on his ss he said they were crap the continentals were much better to him
ultrablue

Postby coyote » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:02 pm

You're right about one thing, a 225/40R19 is a bit tall. It might fit, but only just.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby AdamW » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:55 am

ultrablue wrote:[img]
again you assume these tyre are crap because they are cheap. my freind had p zeros on his ss he said they were crap the continentals were much better to him

It’s not something that I will bet my life on, but yes I do assume that the cheapest tyre on the shelf will be a pretty crap tyre (and I am sure my assumptions are not correct 100% of the time) .. I am sure there are some cheaper tyres out there that may hold there own with the more expensive tyres under certain conditions & driving styles.. Tyres are very much a personal preference and a particular tyre is suited to a particular driving style, particular car and driving conditions.. So there is no perfect or best tyre on the market.. The Pirelli P Zeros were a definite waste of money on my RWD GTS.. There is really no point spending that much money on a tyre for them to only last two months, but I learnt that one the hard way.. On the Liberty it may be different thou, I don’t have a stupidly excessive camber (as I had on the GTS) and with the AWD I wont loosing traction in the rear all the time so they should last a lot longer.. I am still not going to pay $590 for a tyre thou.. So it will have to be something else..
Last edited by AdamW on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

AdamW

Postby ultrablue » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:25 am

ultrablue

Postby Akwoo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:40 am

AdamW wrote:
ultrablue wrote:[img]
again you assume these tyre are crap because they are cheap. my freind had p zeros on his ss he said they were crap the continentals were much better to him

It’s not something that I will bet my life on, but yes I do assume that the cheapest tyre on the shelf will be a pretty crap tyre (and I am sure my assumptions are not correct 100% of the time) .. I am sure there are some cheaper tyres out there that may hold there own with the more expensive tyres under certain conditions & driving styles.. Tyres are very much a personal preference and a particular tyre is suited to a particular driving style, particular car and driving conditions.. So there is no perfect or best tyre on the market.. The Pirelli P Zeros were a definite waste of money on my RWD GTS.. There is really no point spending that much money on a tyre for them to only last two months, but I learnt that one the hard way.. On the Liberty it may be different thou, I don’t have a stupidly excessive camber (as I had on the GTS) and with the AWD I wont loosing traction in the rear all the time so they should last a lot longer.. I am still not going to pay $590 for a tyre thou.. So it will have to be something else..

you should really have a look at the yokohama s drives, I went through the same process you did awhile back. Was going through all those top tyres Bridgestone S03, Michelin Pilot Sport 2, Yokohama Advan Sport. Then one day my friend test drove a EVO 9 with the S Drives, went around some corners in the rain at around 160KM/h and it stuck like glue. I then heard about a track day Yokohama organised and they had some cars with Bridgestone S03s and Yokohama S Drives. The S Drives matched the S03s, when it started raining, guy's in S Drives were overtaking the S03 guys. So yeah I took the plunge, and can't be happier, really really good tyres. However awhile back I found Advan Sports for around $500, I think the person was a distributor of Tempes, so check out if you can still get around that price.
Akwoo

Next

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.