What Rotors/Brake Pads?

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Re: What Rotors/Brake Pads?

Postby Pete182 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:24 am

Hey guys I've just picked up an 05 Liberty GT and I've noticed that the brakes (stock) are very mushy and don't feel that great at all.

It's going to be a daily driver and won't be driven hard very much at all. I want a set of rotors and pads that have good stopping power and are durable. Any recommendations on what to look for? Not sure what my budget is or what it should be since it's my first car.

I've tried the thread search but I went around in circles looking for info.
Pete182

Car: MY05 Liberty GT

Postby HardwareBoB » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:34 am

I agree the stock pads are super mushy. I replaced them with intima sr pads and DBA t2 rotors. (Fronts only)

If you don't drive that hard, intima ss would be better.
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby Pete182 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:44 pm

HardwareBoB wrote:I agree the stock pads are super mushy. I replaced them with intima sr pads and DBA t2 rotors. (Fronts only)

If you don't drive that hard, intima ss would be better.

Thanks for the reply! I've been reading everyone's responses and that looks like the most suitable combination (the SS pads with the DBA T2 rotors).
Pete182

Postby Pete182 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:37 pm

MRT had the rotors for sale on Ebay at a discount (score!) but I'm having trouble finding the Intima SS brake pads for up the front (btw are the rear and front pads different or can they be interchangeable?). I've only seen ProSpeedRacing stock it. Are there any other shops that you guys know of that I can check out?
Pete182

Postby shav » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:39 am

Pete182 wrote:MRT had the rotors for sale on Ebay at a discount (score!) but I'm having trouble finding the Intima SS brake pads for up the front (btw are the rear and front pads different or can they be interchangeable?). I've only seen ProSpeedRacing stock it. Are there any other shops that you guys know of that I can check out?

Street to Track who are also a site sponsor stock Intima pads. No the rear and front pads are not interchangeable.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby HardwareBoB » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:10 am

Manaz wrote: I believe the TbSTI ones got braided lines from the factory?

Just confirming this is correct.
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Previous

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.