Shockworks Coilovers & BBK

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Re: Shockworks Coilovers & BBK

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:42 pm

A Territorian. Few and far between. Will have to hit you up for a look when you get these bad boys installed
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Postby DownUnder » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Wait so it was you that called me directly? I swear I heard the person on the other end say they were Brett from shockworks. I must be going crazy.
TOM

2004 MY04 2.5i Liberty Wagon (5MT)
DownUnder

Car: 2004 MY04 Liberty 2.5i Wagon Manual
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24070

Postby DownUnder » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:20 am

So I'm setting up my coilover exactly according to the MCA guidelines and I've noticed a few conflicts. The rear bumpstop on the shockworks seems far too large. It's about 40mm long which limits travel before touching the bumpstop to 65mm if I use an MCA one with the recommended length of 15mm the shock can travel 90mm before touching the bumpstop.

Any thoughts on this?

TOM

DownUnder

Postby owen » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:01 am

The rear doesn't need to travel nearly as much as the front. I forgot to mention that walk-through is crucial for the front.
owen

Car: VAB STi // VARIS 86
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17407

Postby HardwareBoB » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:12 am

Let me start by saying one simple thing

If you *drive* a liberty, shockworks coilovers are the first and (for some people) only mod you should be considering.

I held off posting this until I had a chance to give them a good push on some twisty roads, and after having done so this morning, I can tell you that it is everything I expected and more.

First, the compromises:
There is *slightly* more interior rattle, and there's more cabin movement on big bumps compared to my old tired shocks - but there is no oscillation AFTER big bumps, and you can't have it all.

The liberty now rides like a MUCH more expensive car - think porsche not subaru. It's firm, but compliant. Yes there's some body roll, but body roll in and of itself doesn't matter - what you care about is comfort (which is OEM quality) and grip (which is there in amazing amounts)

If you've seen the video of the baw baw run I took, you can see that my car was quite understeery, and although I don't think it's clear on the video, there's a lot of crashing of the suspension, especially the rears. The shockworks have eliminated that. Not minimised, elimanted.

The shockworks keep your tyres on the road, all the time. So that dip or depression or train track etc that previously you had to slow right down for, because it would cause a massive loss of grip and transfer of weight, you can now take at speed, because THE TYRES STAY ON THE ROAD.

As the cars age and the suspension wears out in any case, replacing them with shockworks is the best thing you can do - even if you've only got a 2.5 NA stocker, you will appreciate the difference (although obviously more power is generally better)

Sell your grandmother for glue to get these. That is how good they are. Go for a ride in a car with shockworks, and if you're lucky, get a drive in a car with some, and I garauntee you will be converted, and blather on about them like an idiot on forums.

The only thing holding me back now are my tires, and the loose nut behind the wheel!
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby Manaz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:24 am

HardwareBoB wrote:The only thing holding me back now are my tires, and the loose nut behind the wheel!

I'll let you know if I find the right tool to eliminate that loose nut. I've been unsuccessful so far! :)
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Postby rolltosave » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Hey owen are these going to be available for a while? I was thiiiiis close to ordering a set but the missus surprised me for my birthday by telling me she just booked flights to europe. Awesome yes. Expensive yes.

I just don't want to miss the boat so to speak with these shocks considering the rave reviews they seem to be getting.

Cheers Dave.
MY07 3RB- Shockworks coilovers, AVO HD rear sway mounts, KiDo Tune, ContiSport Contact 5 tyres.
rolltosave

Car: MY07 3.0RB Wagon - Grey

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Yes interested in another run in a couple of months also!
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby owen » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:11 pm

I'm going away for a month at the end of this week. I won't be checking the forum anywhere near as much as I do now. If you need me urgently, I can be contacted via email owen at revzone dot com dot au. I won't be contactable on facebook either due to the great firewall of China.
owen

Postby BigBCalais » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:37 pm

I would probably be interested in a few months too :)
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby DownUnder » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:38 am

Arrrrg I need to get them in already! Better get my arse into gear.
TOM

DownUnder

Postby Manaz » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:51 pm

owen wrote:I'm going away for a month at the end of this week. I won't be checking the forum anywhere near as much as I do now. If you need me urgently, I can be contacted via email owen at revzone dot com dot au. I won't be contactable on facebook either due to the great firewall of China.

Have fun with that (internet access in China). It drove me insane when i was there last for business.

Do you need people to start confirming orders for the next run of Shockworks coilovers before or after your trip?
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Postby owen » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:05 pm

Rob, an email with the criteria I pmed you with + an attachment of your deposit will be sufficient. This can be done while I'm away.
owen

Postby weschappy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:54 pm

There are a few people trying to get in contact with Owen, he is unable to use Facebook or access this forum until 24th of this month when he gets back.
weschappy

Car: MY07 3RB 6MT Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22367

Postby legacydan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:40 am

wish i lived closer so i could get a set of these. shipping and tax would kill me. It would be cheaper to get a set of Ohlins
legacydan

Car: Legacy b4 jdm import

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.