Page 1 of 1

Driveshaft Mount? need some advice please

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:32 pm
by Brunsy3.0
Hey All

wasn't 100% on where to post this so here it went

I was under the car replacing some bushes and decided to have a sticky beak around at some other bushes that I could see and noticed that these one were falling apart, it seems to support the driveshaft but I am unable to identify what the bushes are called or were to source these said bushes/mounts

if the photos don't make it clear which part im talking about its the rubber bushes that are supporting the black mount for the driveshaft {I believe} (mount has a sticker on it) and it is fairly centred in each pic

I do apologise if this has been covered any links or advise is highly appreciated

Image

Image

Image

Image

thank you for your time

Brunsy

Re: Driveshaft Mount? need some advice please

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:46 pm
by Sgottlieb
Seems to look alright

Re: Driveshaft Mount? need some advice please

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:21 pm
by Brunsy3.0
May "look" ok but completely perished when I touched it was crumbling on my fingers. And yes I could not touch it but not the point to any smarties haha

Re: Driveshaft Mount? need some advice please

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:11 pm
by mynameisdaniel
Just had a look at the Subaru parts catalog, no separate parts listed (that I could find). Only the 'Propeller Shaft Assembly' (Part no: 27111AG070) and 'Bolt & Washer Assembly' (Part no: 901250043)
Image

Looks like that mount (and presumably the bushes) are part of the entire propeller shaft assembly...

Please note, those part numbers are for my car specifically.

Re: Driveshaft Mount? need some advice please

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:48 pm
by frankos39
If you buy that bushing for it you get a free tailshaft with it... unfortunately you can't buy it seperately...
you may be able to get it repaired from A&F driveshafts or something like that?
I've never seen or heard of them perishing... they do have a lot of play in them.

Re: Driveshaft Mount? need some advice please

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:50 pm
by Brunsy3.0
Nah bugger all movement. Just really brittle on the outside at least. Hopefully the inner is holding up ok. It seems ok for now id rather get onto it before it becomes an issue

Beatrush/Laile make a solid replacement set.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:31 pm
by sheppo9

Re: Driveshaft Mount? need some advice please

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:44 pm
by Brunsy3.0
Cool thanks for the info. Pretty cheap found some on rallysportdirect might look to invest very shortly

Re: Driveshaft Mount? need some advice please

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:25 am
by Brunsy3.0
Torque Solutions seem to make nearly the identical product to beatrush but half the price. There is 50/50 on love or hate for this product but as im not really doing it for stiffening on the driveshaft and rather replacing worn bushes I think the money is worth it. I have contacted prospeed on the bushes/mounts but as its new years/chrissy time im not expecting an answer right away. Hopefully cheap enough to send up here and keep me happy
Cheers again for the info to get me started