Page 1 of 1

Advance Tyres (VIC)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:41 pm
by Gen5is
Hey guys, Has anyone had any experiences with Advance Tyres Richmond, Victoria?
I inquired about these rims on their Ebay page

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20-x-8-5-10- ... 3f2a6624bb

And they can do these in custom PCD & Offsets, also non staggered for AWD cars.

But what worries me is the price.. It seems really cheap for 20 inch wheels imported from the states, even if they're cast wheels. Recently i was quoted $2,100 for a set of Rotiforms Cast 19's from another seller.. So a set of cast 19's that's the same price for 20's, raises a few questions. Also on their other items for sale they have very similar models branded differently... I don't know it all just seems suss..

Re: Advance Tyres (VIC)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:49 pm
by bigBADbenny
A little research will reveal very few members rolling on 20's here...
19's are heading towards the borderline.
Anyhow you get what you pay for so checkout eg importmonster for some genuine s/h goodness.
5 min search:
http://www.importmonster.com.au/view?ur ... DM%20ENKEI
http://www.importmonster.com.au/view?ur ... 0100%20SBC

Re: Advance Tyres (VIC)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:06 am
by Gen5is
There's plenty of blokes in Japan rolling on 20's for Gen V's.. I was just asking whether this place is legit. I guess i could just wait and save up and get the good stuff.

Re: Advance Tyres (VIC)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:46 am
by bigBADbenny
Ahh sorry I missed the GenV bit lol.
I'd suggest a read of the epic GenV wheels thread on LGT and then buy some thing nice from J on IM ;)

Re: Advance Tyres (VIC)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:28 pm
by jakey
Those prices are legit. If you like paying too much for shit wheels

Re: Advance Tyres (VIC)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:01 pm
by TimmyTimmz
I had a bad experience with them. I specifically made it clear ( i told them over and over, constantly repeating myself) that i wanted a set in 18x8.5 in a +35 offset and when it came in, it ended up in 18x8 + 45. Pathetic... i sent it back to them, and they said they'd refund me. im still waiting for the refund to pop up in my bank account. ( its been two days since they supposedly put the refund through) it better be in by tomorow or monday at the latest or else there will be sh*t storm from me to them!

Re: Advance Tyres (VIC)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:58 pm
by Gen5is
Ahhh shit go. Thanks for letting me know. Hope it all works out for you. You should contact the ACCC about the matter or Fair trading, or better yet, call up the place and threaten them that you'll get them involved if they dont refund your money soon and give them a deadline. That'll get them off their asses lol

Re: Advance Tyres (VIC)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:16 pm
by TimmyTimmz
Gen5is wrote:Ahhh shit go. Thanks for letting me know. Hope it all works out for you. You should contact the ACCC about the matter or Fair trading, or better yet, call up the place and threaten them that you'll get them involved if they dont refund your money soon and give them a deadline. That'll get them off their asses lol


Well their excuse when refunding me is that it will take 2-3 days for the refund to be processed so i'm waiting. If it takes any longer I will definitely be ringing up the ACCC

Re: Advance Tyres (VIC)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:07 pm
by jakey
it does, depending on which bank they're with. More recently some banks require less time, but traditionally you can expect to wait 3 days for it to appear in account

Re: Advance Tyres (VIC)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:16 pm
by Sgottlieb
Ricky at advanced tyres is great. Does great work and good deals on rims and tyres.

Re: Advance Tyres (VIC)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:57 pm
by Hotwire
I had a set of 19" LM Replicas on my XR6 Turbo - performed perfectly fine and where exact specs I asked for. Would probably buy from them again.