Size of stock rotors

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Re: Size of stock rotors

Postby Flat6Estate » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:53 pm

I used to run Bendix Ultimates on my XR8 with DBA Slotted (not drilled) rotors.
Bendix Ultimate's EAT rotors for breakfast lunch dinner and any other time as well.

It was basically 2-3 sets of pads per set of rotors. But I was doing a lot of track days, and peak hour traffic driving on the M4 is sydney in that car...
The brake dust was bloody horrible as well. Cleaned the wheels every 2-3 days just to get rid of it.

If anyone else wants to chime in, what are the Intima's or anything else like on rotors these days?
MY08 Spec B 3.0L Manual Wagon
1998 Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat - a bit broken :-o
Flat6Estate
formerly Timbo_rs2500

Car: 2007 MY08 Liberty Wagon 3RB 6spd
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32189&p=425885#p425885

Postby JaffaSIX » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:01 am

Well I've been using EBC sport (slotted and dimpled) rotors and Bendix Ultimate pads. Also did a full brake fluid flush.
No shudder from the rotors thank god so far (touch wood), but I do notice the pads are a bit wooden when they are stone cold, I'm still bedding them in so hopefully that will improve and it isn't a brake bleeding issue. :roll:
JaffaSIX

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Wagon

Postby shav » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Flat6Estate wrote:I used to run Bendix Ultimates on my XR8 with DBA Slotted (not drilled) rotors.
Bendix Ultimate's EAT rotors for breakfast lunch dinner and any other time as well.

It was basically 2-3 sets of pads per set of rotors. But I was doing a lot of track days, and peak hour traffic driving on the M4 is sydney in that car...
The brake dust was bloody horrible as well. Cleaned the wheels every 2-3 days just to get rid of it.

If anyone else wants to chime in, what are the Intima's or anything else like on rotors these days?

Ive got the Intima SS pads on T2 rotors and so far so good. Not overly eating into the rotors like the Ultimates would. After 1 or 2 stops they bite nicely. Predictive pedal pressure at operating temps. Just dont push them super hard in hills runs. Ive taken them to the limit and had brake fade happen without warning. Spirited runs in the hills are fine, just not touge style runs. haha. If you are into track and serious hills touge driving, opt for the Intima SR or their track pads which have a higher heat loading. From what I have read they also have a little more dust over SR pads but not as bad as Ultimates. But at least you can brake with some added confidence.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby sprite798 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:01 pm

shav wrote:
Flat6Estate wrote:I used to run Bendix Ultimates on my XR8 with DBA Slotted (not drilled) rotors.

Ive got the Intima SS pads on T2 rotors and so far so good. Not overly eating into the rotors like the Ultimates would. After 1 or 2 stops they bite nicely. Predictive pedal pressure at operating temps. Just dont push them super hard in hills runs. Ive taken them to the limit and had brake fade happen without warning. Spirited runs in the hills are fine, just not touge style runs. haha. If you are into track and serious hills touge driving, opt for the Intima SR or their track pads which have a higher heat loading. From what I have read they also have a little more dust over SR pads but not as bad as Ultimates. But at least you can brake with some added confidence.

I have DBA T2 rotor and Intima SR both front & rear, haven't got chance to try hard brake yet, but there are a lot of dust ( compare with previous stock pad - don't know what it was)
sprite798

Car: Liberty GT

Postby sprite798 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:06 pm

gtbsti wrote:Thanks mate. I kept searching and found the answer in one of your posts.
:)

For the 08 tbsti here are the part numbers for anyone interested

RDA
Front RDA7558 (326mm)
Rear RDA7557(316mm)
DBA
DBA 4000 T3 Front Rotors (DBA4654S-10) 326mm
DBA 4000 T3 Rear Rotors (DBA42656S-10) 316mm

Hi mate:

will above parts# & size work for Gen 5 lib GT (2010) with brembo caliper upgraded ?

Thanks
sprite798

Car: Liberty GT

Postby shav » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:46 pm

sprite798 wrote:
shav wrote:

I have DBA T2 rotor and Intima SR both front & rear, haven't got chance to try hard brake yet, but there are a lot of dust ( compare with previous stock pad - don't know what it was)
Interesting. I didnt experience that. I guess it depends on what we consider as 'a lot' of dust.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby noods » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:53 pm

I just fitted Intima SS F & R with DBA T3 up front and T2 at the rear. Awesome improvement. Originally had some mystery pad setup from MRT which worked a treat but dusty as so had to get them outta there
noods

Car: MY07 GTB Wagon

Postby Thedadwagon » Sun May 21, 2023 12:54 pm

Can anyone tell me the size of the brake rotors on a 2006 2.0r liberty
Thedadwagon

Car: 2008 Subaru liberty wagon

Previous

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.