Page 1 of 1

Coilover Spring Replacement

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 pm
by SH30RB
As the title suggests, Im thinking of changing my KiDo coilover springs for something a little bit better but I have a few questions first...

1. If I want to change spring rates (not sure what the KiDo's are) what would you recommend?
2. If I opt for a shorter springs than what the KiDo's are, would that in turn give me a little bit more adjustability in my ride height?
3. Everyone knows Eibach make awesome coil springs, and looking at their coilover springs, may as well give them a go?
4. Im guessing with the above, it would be recommended to get the KiDo coilovers revalved for the best results or would there be no point?

Re: Coilover Spring Replacement

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:01 am
by jslayz
I have 2 x brand new Eiback 7kg/mm coilover springs still in boxes, perfect for your fronts :-)
Then u can grab some 9s or 10s for the rear.

Turn in with hard springs in rear is frigin excellent!

PM me if interested,

J

Re: Coilover Spring Replacement

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:57 am
by senator
You’re best to re-valve the unit not just change the spring.

Are they oil and gas filled?

Re: Coilover Spring Replacement

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 am
by SH30RB
Thanks J, I've sent you a PM

Tony, thanks, thats very helpful :) AFAIK they are re branded and different coloured BC BR's if that is any indication? Im not too sure if they are but im going to take a guess and say yes to oil and gass filled

Re: Coilover Spring Replacement

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:56 am
by bigBADbenny
[quote="SH30RB"]As the title suggests, I'm thinking of changing my KiDo coilover springs for something a little bit better but I have a few questions first...

Simon what do you mean by "better"?

IMHO could getting your setup sorted somewhere known for excellence (if not done already).
The difference on my car - between a basic alignment and proper fettling by Ralph at Trutrack - is very noticeable, for the better.
They also installed JSpeed LCA bushes, H brace and WL RCA kit. Just some options for you to consider before changing out springs...