Page 1 of 1

Where to get my LCA bushes installed (Melb) help please...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:45 pm
by DRGTB
Hi Guys,

Does anyone recommend a very good suspension centre in Melbourne to replace my LCA bushes?
Im looking at whiteline and is it cheaper to buy them myself and just pay for install?

Any advice would be awesome :o

Re: Where to get my LCA bushes installed (Melb) help please.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:01 pm
by shav
call up Garage 88 for the parts, get them delivered to your door, then get a mechanic you trust to fit them.

http://www.garage88.com.au/

Re: Where to get my LCA bushes installed (Melb) help please.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:04 pm
by Sgottlieb
Go see Reade at Pedders south Melbourne

Re: Where to get my LCA bushes installed (Melb) help please.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:16 pm
by seanmau5
It's ridiculous the amount of money a place will charge to replace them. Buy the bushes yourself, J-Speed ones from Garage 88 or bang for buck anti lift kit from Whiteline (KCA334), and find yourself a friend on the forum to do it for a case of beer.

I was quoted $385 to install my anti lift kit, not including parts

Re: Where to get my LCA bushes installed (Melb) help please.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:42 pm
by bass_straitener
I get all my suspension work done at Trutrack in North Melbourne.

They're good.

Re: Where to get my LCA bushes installed (Melb) help please.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:03 pm
by zch91
seanmau5 wrote:It's ridiculous the amount of money a place will charge to replace them. Buy the bushes yourself, J-Speed ones from Garage 88 or bang for buck anti lift kit from Whiteline (KCA334), and find yourself a friend on the forum to do it for a case of beer.

I was quoted $385 to install my anti lift kit, not including parts


This works, although I don't know many people with a hydraulic press in their garage.

The LCA is quite easy to remove with basic tools, there is a good DIY on legacygt.com.

Take the LCA's into your favourite mechanic/suspension join and ask them very nicely to press the old bushes out/new ones in. They will charge minimal labour fee for this, shouldn't be more than $30 (I got mine done for free, on 2 occasions)

Win, win!

Re: Where to get my LCA bushes installed (Melb) help please.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 am
by shav
Do mechanical workshops get a bit 'funny' when you purchase items from another reseller for them to fit, and know they arent getting the mark ups they normally do?

Re: Where to get my LCA bushes installed (Melb) help please.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:44 pm
by ferret89
shav wrote:Do mechanical workshops get a bit 'funny' when you purchase items from another reseller for them to fit, and know they arent getting the mark ups they normally do?


I've had a few shops refuse to fit them saying that they legally can't because they can't offer a warranty on products that you have already bought and are getting them to fit. I was pretty surprised and didn't think it was that big a deal, so I just went somewhere else. Could have just been an excuse to get me to buy stuff from them and pay more...

Re: Where to get my LCA bushes installed (Melb) help please.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 pm
by shav
Yeah true. Up to them I guess. I'm sure there are others willing to do the job.