Page 1 of 1

Quick fitment question

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:36 pm
by Statts
My new wheels turned up on Friday and go off to the powder coaters tomorrow. Wheels are 18x8.5 +44. Suspension is lowered on stock Bilsteins. Couple of questions:

* Will I need my guards rolled?
* Will 235/40 18's fit with stock suspension? Guard rolling?

Re: Quick fitment question

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:12 pm
by lib08gt
.

Re: Quick fitment question

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:21 pm
by Statts
Thanks for that. Was hoping it was the case.

I'm keen on 235/40 as it is closer to the overall diameter of the stock tyre than the 225/40 is. Also, it's a Commodore tyre size so range and prices are great.

Re: Quick fitment question

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:26 pm
by ferret89
My understanding is that there will be some slight rubbing with 235 tyres without guardwork.

Re: Quick fitment question

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:51 pm
by bates91
get guards rolled to be on the safe side

Re: Quick fitment question

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:58 pm
by Statts
Thanks guys. 235 and a roll it is.

Re: Quick fitment question

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:40 pm
by jacks-GTB
Ay chris

I'm currently running blisteins with king lows....I know crappy :(

But I have rota 18x8.5 with kumho ku31 235/40/18, not guard rolling....never rubbed even with a fully load car :)

Re: Quick fitment question

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:03 pm
by jslayz
jacks-GTB wrote:Ay chris

I'm currently running blisteins with king lows....I know crappy :(

But I have rota 18x8.5 with kumho ku31 235/40/18, not guard rolling....never rubbed even with a fully load car :)


rears will rub a little with 235/40/18 with loaded car and bumps at speed.

Re: Quick fitment question

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:13 pm
by Statts
jacks-GTB wrote:Ay chris

I'm currently running blisteins with king lows....I know crappy :(

But I have rota 18x8.5 with kumho ku31 235/40/18, not guard rolling....never rubbed even with a fully load car :)


Thanks for the reply Jackson. EXACTLY the info I was after.

Re: Quick fitment question

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:15 pm
by Statts
jslayz wrote:
jacks-GTB wrote:Ay chris

I'm currently running blisteins with king lows....I know crappy :(

But I have rota 18x8.5 with kumho ku31 235/40/18, not guard rolling....never rubbed even with a fully load car :)


rears will rub a little with 235/40/18 with loaded car and bumps at speed.


Conflicting reports there. I think I will just see how I go. Get the rears rolled only if need be.

Re: Quick fitment question

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:49 am
by t.renshaw34
Im 245/40/18. 35-40mm lower than stock. Guards rolled and pumped 2-5mm. No scrubbing.