Page 1 of 1

BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:29 pm
by gtsti7
Image

Are these good value for money? Any other good brands that go for less? I'm
Keeping the sti rims and want the wheel arch to be level with the top of the tyre will these be low enough? Thanks!

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:34 pm
by zch91
They will be low enough. Street to Track (a forum vendor) sells them for $1100 delivered.

Otherwise KiDo are a popular option, a touch cheaper than the BC.

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:01 pm
by MA44AL
yeh check out Street to Track or Justjap. I recommend getting the bc's instead of the kido's though. Much more height adjustment in comparison.

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:09 pm
by zch91
The eBay ones are justjap. I wish my BC's went lower..

BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:10 pm
by gtsti7
Thanks, haha, I think you commented the same thing when I posted this question on Facebook forum site. Thanks again.

BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:19 pm
by gtsti7
As in zch91 your first comment. So they definitely go low enough yeah?

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:24 pm
by zch91
Yeah, they will be plenty low for you.

I have 40 profile tires for some reason (?) on my 18's, hence I needed more drop to get fender/tire level, still achieved it + abit more

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:29 pm
by MA44AL
zch91 wrote:Yeah, they will be plenty low for you.

I have 40 profile tires for some reason (?) on my 18's, hence I needed more drop to get fender/tire level, still achieved it + abit more


Are you maxed out? Im running 18s as well with 40 profile and tucking tire all around with heaps more adjustment to go lower.

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:39 pm
by zch91
MA44AL wrote:
zch91 wrote:Yeah, they will be plenty low for you.

I have 40 profile tires for some reason (?) on my 18's, hence I needed more drop to get fender/tire level, still achieved it + abit more


Are you maxed out? Im running 18s as well with 40 profile and tucking tire all around with heaps more adjustment to go lower.


I reckon the preload is wrong to be honest, on the rear the strut wont go any lower and the front it's about 10mm from rubbing on the driveshaft..

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:14 pm
by zch91
So just to clarify... I checked my preload on my suspension this arvy and the front and rear were both set to around 25-30mm... Oops.

All adjusted properly now and have now got more thread left for more low... :twisted: