Page 1 of 1

MY07 2.5i Wagon Suspension Options

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:00 pm
by NDJ93
Hi everyone!

I've recently been looking at different suspension options for my MY07 Liberty 2.5i wagon. After going through the various posts I have come down to three options as follows:

1. Genuine Bilstein shocks and springs for the sedan (although I have a wagon).
2. Genuine Bilstein shocks and Tein S-techs from PHAT.
3. Kido Coilovers.

Typically I wouldn't even bother considering for my car as it sees very little spirited driving apart from the occasional run through the Dandenong Mountains, but due to the similar costs between options number two and three I am now considering a suspension setup which includes entry level coilovers.

Although, before forking out almost double the price for either of the later two, I wanted to know what would be my downfalls of following option one with springs designed for the sedan? My primary aim for this new suspension setup is to improve the handling of the car while also filling in the gap of the wheel arches.

Re: MY07 2.5i Wagon Suspension Options

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:15 pm
by blkdog
Mate honestly for what it's worth just go bilies and some good springs like teins then replace bushes & sway bars. Best mod bang for buck!

Re: MY07 2.5i Wagon Suspension Options

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:16 pm
by NDJ93
blkdog wrote:Mate honestly for what it's worth just go bilies and some good springs like teins then replace bushes & sway bars. Best mod bang for buck!


So sedan springs a big no no?

Re: MY07 2.5i Wagon Suspension Options

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 am
by blkdog
Anyone interested in some Subaru parts?

I have billies + s-tech teins springs for sale (sedan or wagon) done around 60-65k km - $450 BUY THESE MATE & YOU WILL BE HAPPY :P Contact "climic" he is parting out at the moment.
Blitzen rear bumper (Rare) - for wagon! - $500
18" Tenzo-R Cuzco V1 wheels (PCD 5X100/114.3) +45 offset with NITTO 225/40R18 INVO 92W tyres, around 70-80% tread, done 12k km- $1500
Ulterex Grille - 32J Black -$100

Also if interested:
X-force centre and y-pipe - $450
TCP Quads x2 - $450
Sti Front Lip - Offers
Splash Guards - $150

Shipping at own cost.
Inbox me if interested.

Also Bumper and splash guards is 32J paint code (black)

Re: MY07 2.5i Wagon Suspension Options

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:47 am
by blkdog
Hey NDJ93, heres a pic of my 2.5i with bilies + phat s-techs + rear spacer 10mm. :) I'm very happy with the drop & handling over all.
Image

Re: MY07 2.5i Wagon Suspension Options

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:41 pm
by JKeep2.5i
sedan and wagon springs are slightly different, mainly due to wagons being ass heavy, sedan springs may sag a little more than wagon springs over time

Re: MY07 2.5i Wagon Suspension Options

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:49 pm
by Fourlex
I was in your situation and considered getting King Springs then thought about it and did some research and thought I may as well bite the bullet and save the extra to get some Coilovers, now it was the best decision I've made!

Re: MY07 2.5i Wagon Suspension Options

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:58 pm
by JKeep2.5i
If you want your ride to sit at an exact spot then coilovers are the go for sure, the only thing about the cheap coilovers, a lot of them you can't rebuild, meaning if they fuxk up then they are farked... just something to think about, I believe you can rebuild the bilstein struts if need be?

Re: MY07 2.5i Wagon Suspension Options

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:34 pm
by Kody.B
JKeep2.5i wrote:If you want your ride to sit at an exact spot then coilovers are the go for sure, the only thing about the cheap coilovers, a lot of them you can't rebuild, meaning if they fuxk up then they are farked... just something to think about, I believe you can rebuild the bilstein struts if need be?


KiDO and BC/BR's can be rebuilt I believe, both are priced under $1200 delivered.