Page 1 of 1

I want new rims.... But they just wont fit :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:32 am
by suff
Hi Guys

Well its time to change the rims over on my car.. want to stay with a 17" rim for the comfort side of things, and I have some nice new RE001's to go on them already..

the wheels I really want are :

Image

Problem is, they only come in a 4 Stud pattern.. So.. whats out there that looks like these rims (or similiar) is under 8kg per rim and under $300/rim?

Cheers guys!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:21 am
by Arith
Err, any chance you'd consider 18's, not so light weight, and non-glossy black?

Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:51 am
by MarkC77
That looks nice, any pics of it on a liberty?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:45 am
by SkoobyGT
From memory I think these Rota wheels are about $1000 from memory.

http://www.rotawheels.com/torque.php

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:35 pm
by overl0ad
what did the 001's set u back?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:39 pm
by suff
250 a corner .. cheap cheap :)

Arith.. are you selling them?

Essentially I dont really want to have to pay much extra to swap my wheels, but I dont want NangKang tyres, I throw the car around too much to have $hit tyres holding me on the black stuff.

So.. Im open to sugestions.. you can see the sort of style I like :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:49 pm
by Arith
$250? That is cheap! What do you think of em?

And no, sorry, not selling any more wheels. I'm all sold out after I've passed on my two spare sets to Trieu and Kevlar GT. And once I get the 19's I'll most likely shelve the STi's.

But your options when it comes to 17" aftermarket wheels will be a bit limited, considering the sweet spot nowadays is 18".

Umm, how about these from Ozzy Tyres. Not a big fan of the studs on the lip though:
Image


Otherwise I like these ones from Big O Tyres, but they only come in 18's:

Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:39 pm
by SkoobyGT
http://www.jackbakertyres.com.au/wheels ... 68sha.html

These come in 18's, vey similar to the STI wheels, $1950 with tyres.

Hmmmm I think I may get these when I need new tyres.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:10 pm
by suff
Arith wrote:$250? That is cheap! What do you think of em?

Love them.. have had a few sets of RE010's and always been a huge fan, I personally think the RE001's are better.. but I have only done ~3000km on them, so still very early days..

Hey Skooby GT.. they look good.. I wonder how much with out rubber.. and how much they weigh..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:58 pm
by Arith
suff wrote:and how much they weigh..

At that low of a price, I don't think they were manufactured with weight considerations in mind. But I'm sure they will be about average for their size. The lighter wheels will definitely be $300+. Like these:

Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:02 pm
by overl0ad
Arith wrote:
suff wrote:and how much they weigh..

At that low of a price, I don't think they were manufactured with weight considerations in mind. But I'm sure they will be about average for their size. The lighter wheels will definitely be $300+. Like these:

Image


these will be well over $300

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:11 pm
by suff
yeah, no way Rays are going to be $300 a corner :) more like $500

Lenzo Ultra Lights are 7kg.. and cost under $250 a corner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:50 pm
by Arith
True, but who the heck produces a light weight racing wheel only in a 4-stud? Talk about obscure! You'd think if they were so light and great they would be available for the more popular 5 stud configuration.

But good luck trying to find something that meets that criteria! What about a 10-spoke gun metal?

Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:24 am
by overl0ad
i suspect that the reason y it's only in 4 stud is due to it's weight/strength rating.

generally speaking, smaller cars use the 4 stud, and they are usually lighter.

u can get really light wheels for cheap, but the strength factor something people forget to take into consideration.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:29 am
by suff
Arith wrote:True, but who the heck produces a light weight racing wheel only in a 4-stud? Talk about obscure! You'd think if they were so light and great they would be available for the more popular 5 stud configuration.

But good luck trying to find something that meets that criteria! What about a 10-spoke gun metal?

Image



Now.. they are damn nice wheels.. I Like!!!