Page 1 of 1

New Rims for 2008 Liberty GT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:51 am
by GCR
New to forums, but I was hopeing I could get some input from all of you guys on the rims I am looking at purchasing.

I found them at Stylish Wheels at Slacks Creek in Brisbane. They are Lesanti, i have never heard of them, but at $250 per rim, I thought it was a good price? They are 19s.

I have also asked the guys to lower my car, they quoted me $400. Does this sound reasonable?

I have uploaded a photo of them on a WRX, hope it comes through. My car is the stock Liberty grey.

New Rims for 2008 Liberty GT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:44 pm
by agan
You have the diamond grey?

Heaps of options but personally I find the grey cars hard to match. Lack on grey is nice but probably an acquired taste. IMO shadow chrome is the safest choice but not as "out there". Can try dark gun metal - not bad at all or if you're game, hyper black.

I once saw on legacygt forums a grey legacy with bronze wheels... Not bad I thought. Also acquired taste. I like the wheels on the WRX btw :)

Re: New Rims for 2008 Liberty GT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:15 pm
by jakey
How much lower can you possibly go?

Re: New Rims for 2008 Liberty GT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:17 pm
by Kody.B
jakey wrote:How much lower can you possibly go?


The pic isn't his car. It's a WRX.

Wheels look great btw. What offset?

Re: New Rims for 2008 Liberty GT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:32 pm
by Nalnoc
These look to be a copy of the Enkei Raijin (I got mine fitted yesterday :D )

Image

Do yourself a favour and get the real thing for about $30 more per rim from Paul at Street to Track in the commercial vendors section of the forum.

Re: New Rims for 2008 Liberty GT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:47 am
by seanmau5
The price for lowering is only as reasonable as what you are willing to pay.

TBH, if you're handy you can buy springs for $250 and install yourself

Nice wheels PS!

Re: New Rims for 2008 Liberty GT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:51 am
by seanmau5
Nalnoc wrote:These look to be a copy of the Enkei Raijin (I got mine fitted yesterday :D )

Image

Do yourself a favour and get the real thing for about $30 more per rim from Paul at Street to Track in the commercial vendors section of the forum.


Yours look like 18s? So 30 a corner more for genuine 18s right? Correct me if I'm wrong though..

The extra inch will look brilliant

Re: New Rims for 2008 Liberty GT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:14 pm
by Nalnoc
seanmau5 wrote:Yours look like 18s? So 30 a corner more for genuine 18s right? Correct me if I'm wrong though..

The extra inch will look brilliant


I wrote that a bit too late last night, it's more like $50 per corner. But yes they are 18x8 +45, Enkei only make these rims in 18"

Re: New Rims for 2008 Liberty GT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:33 am
by GCR
Kody.B wrote:
jakey wrote:How much lower can you possibly go?


The pic isn't his car. It's a WRX.

Wheels look great btw. What offset?



What would be the meanest looking offset without scrubbing?

I believe that the wheels come undrilled and you can ask for whatever offset???

Re: New Rims for 2008 Liberty GT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:14 am
by seanmau5
GCR wrote:
Kody.B wrote:
jakey wrote:How much lower can you possibly go?


The pic isn't his car. It's a WRX.

Wheels look great btw. What offset?



What would be the meanest looking offset without scrubbing?

I believe that the wheels come undrilled and you can ask for whatever offset???


That would be referring to PCD I think.. +43 or +45 seems pretty popular and reasonable