Page 1 of 2

HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:38 am
by TorpedoCreative
Hey guys
I'm looking to get my enkies painted darker and like this colour
Image
Can anyone tell me what paint I should ask the panel beater to use for this colour/finish?
Cheers
James

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:26 am
by sheppo9
Gunmetal or charcoal?

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:41 am
by SYM
I wouldnt know that exactly paint code for that specific wheel colour, but one of our forum gurus may know (cruisn)

Another colour to consider - a few of us have painted our rims in onyx metallic (paint code 36Y).... not as grey-metallic as the one you posted up.... i do find it changes intensity in different light settings

Image

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:08 pm
by TorpedoCreative
hmmm that looks good too..

thanks guys

J

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:35 pm
by Kody.B
That picture you have is of a WRX off Rexnet, I can't remember his user name but if I remember correctly his Member Profile stated the colour of the wheels.

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:13 pm
by TorpedoCreative
Kody.B wrote:That picture you have is of a WRX off Rexnet, I can't remember his user name but if I remember correctly his Member Profile stated the colour of the wheels.


thanks I got hold of him after this post and he said that it was that colour from Subaru...

J

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:48 pm
by Bezzza
SYM wrote:I wouldnt know that exactly paint code for that specific wheel colour, but one of our forum gurus may know (cruisn)

Another colour to consider - a few of us have painted our rims in onyx metallic (paint code 36Y).... not as grey-metallic as the one you posted up.... i do find it changes intensity in different light settings

Image


Agreed with the colour changing in different light. Mine are freshly painted and can look anything from a really rich blue/purple to obsidian black!
Loving them though :D

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:47 pm
by cruisn
I just had a set done for someone in Lexus "IG3".

Pretty nice also.....

Image

I'll be painting my RAYS centres in this. :D

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:55 pm
by rooby
cruisn wrote:
I'll be painting my RAYS centres in this. :D


I think that will be better.
Detail always gets lost in black rims.

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:30 pm
by cruisn
Correction, the color is Toyota 1G3 - Magnetic Grey Metallic.

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:00 pm
by hamish_023
cruisn wrote:Correction, the color is Toyota 1G3 - Magnetic Grey Metallic.


How does it compare to 36Y? Still deciding on what to do my Ultraleggeras

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:50 pm
by cruisn
Its not as dark. I actually just painted one of my RAYS centres........phone pics dont really show a true representation.

Image

Image

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:41 pm
by TorpedoCreative
cruisn wrote:Its not as dark. I actually just painted one of my RAYS centres........phone pics dont really show a true representation.


hmm now Im not sure.. does anyone have a 36Y on an obsidian black liberty? so I can see the two together

The top example I posted on the WRX looks bronzey-charcoal, where as the examples below look bluey-charcol? - Im not sure if thats just the light in the photo?

I prefer the bronzey version, which would you recommend?

cheers
J

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:19 pm
by SYM
Yep there's definitely a tinge of blue in the 36y

If you are leaning towards the bronzey version, you should go with what you'd be comfortable with

Besides, you can always repaint it down the track when u feel like a change!

Re: HELP what Rim colour is this?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:17 pm
by TorpedoCreative
cruisn wrote:Correction, the color is Toyota 1G3 - Magnetic Grey Metallic.

Is that similar to Toyota graphite? I'm leaning toward this with a matte finish - has anyone done a matte finish?