Page 1 of 1

Front sway bar removal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:13 pm
by luijustin
Hi all,
I'm in the process Of changing my front sway bar to a bigger whiteline bar. I have got the stock bar free from all the mountings, but can slide it out from under the car nomatter how I wriggle it. It seems like the headers are in the way. Do they need to be removed?

Has anyone have experience changing their front sway bar on an 3.0 gen4? please enlighten me.

Thanks

Re: Front sway bar removal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:15 pm
by bates91
from what i remember reading a while back yeah the headers need to be taken off

Re: Front sway bar removal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:56 pm
by luijustin
Bloody hell!!
I thought this was gonna be a quick n easy job :x

Re: Front sway bar removal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:31 pm
by bates91
rear is an easy job :lol:

front also are apparently easy on the 4cyl engines, its just the H6 which is difficult
with unbolting headers etcc be careful with O2 sensors

Re: Front sway bar removal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:38 pm
by luijustin
What do you mean by be careful with the o2 sensor?
Do you just mean disconnect them, or are they really delicate?