Page 1 of 2

Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:57 pm
by Mickyboy
Well I've just bought the Liberty and it looks like I need to replace my LCA bushes. I certainly won't complain about more steering feel and sharpness but really do not want to sacrifice ride quality and NVH (well as little as possible).

I'm assuming rubber is the way to go for me (as opposed to nolathane etc).

Just after some thoughts/advice from those who have had them installed..

Which brand would you recommend?
What difference did you notice with driving and NVH?

Cheers,
Mick.

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:44 pm
by B4ITZUP
I just had whiteline W53353 installed 2 weeks ago

NVH is very little and is hard to pick out

so far it's going nicely, turning is much better

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:01 pm
by Mickyboy
So far I have 2 people recommending the whiteline 53353, and I've heard good things about the Garage 88 sourced LCA Bushes from previous posts last year. Does anyone know the difference between or recommend one over the other?

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:30 am
by B4ITZUP
that white line part there is a stock replacement, it doesn't increase the camber whereas the Garage 88 increase camber and provide anti lift when taking off

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:10 am
by Mickyboy
Thanks for the info Loc. Leaning towards the Garage 88 (JSpeed) bushes now.

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:31 am
by alessandro132
Mickyboy wrote:Thanks for the info Loc. Leaning towards the Garage 88 (JSpeed) bushes now.


I've got the J Speeds installed in mine and I love it :mrgreen:

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:40 pm
by Mickyboy
Just ordered a set of JSpeeds. :D Thanks for the advice everyone!

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:47 am
by Mickyboy
Eibach springs and JSpeed bushes being installed on Wednesday...... CAN'T WAIT!! :D

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:15 pm
by bigBADbenny
Today is Wednesday. Where are the pics/report? :shock: :P 8)

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:51 pm
by Mickyboy
Haha! They're being installed while I'm at work today. Rest assured there will be a report with pics forthcoming!

Mick.

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:40 pm
by Robbks
Question
are the lib LCA bushes the type that are easily pressed out
or are these buggers the ones that needed to be hacked/ burned out and then the holes tidied up?

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:58 pm
by B4ITZUP
Robbks wrote:Question
are the lib LCA bushes the type that are easily pressed out
or are these buggers the ones that needed to be hacked/ burned out and then the holes tidied up?


I did mine with supercheap press and a wheel bearing remover 59mm size (brought the wheel bearing kit off ebay)

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:01 pm
by Robbks
Cheers!

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:28 pm
by bigBADbenny
Nice one Loc... DIY king!

Re: Replacing lower control arm bushes... advice please!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:57 pm
by B4ITZUP
bigBADbenny wrote:DIY king!


Thanks Ben, but I wouldn't go that far :lol:

I'm just a Mechanic wannabe or a just a cheapo

also don't forget to do a wheel alignment, that I didn't do it myself :wink:

side note: you can take it to a brake shop and they'll do it cheaper then buying a press (if you don't have one)