Page 1 of 1

Gen 4 Rear Struts - Sedan & Wagon.....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:16 pm
by AlpineRaven
G'day guys...
What is the difference between sedan and wagon rear struts? I know height difference but how much difference?
Cheers
AP

Re: Gen 4 Rear Struts - Sedan & Wagon.....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:25 pm
by Mat04
About 1-2 inch give or take sag. I swapped the wifes rears for a set of gt sedan struts and it dropped enough to clip the 20's on big bumps. Measurement from rim to guard was 105mm down to 65mm after.

Re: Gen 4 Rear Struts - Sedan & Wagon.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:13 am
by AlpineRaven
Mat04 wrote:About 1-2 inch give or take sag. I swapped the wifes rears for a set of gt sedan struts and it dropped enough to clip the 20's on big bumps. Measurement from rim to guard was 105mm down to 65mm after.

That's about 1.5"... Righto no worries, I found an set off from an GT sedan and wanted to be sure.
Cheers
AP

Re: Gen 4 Rear Struts - Sedan & Wagon.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:18 pm
by bigBADbenny
there are spacers available that fit between body and strut top to make up the difference....

Re: Gen 4 Rear Struts - Sedan & Wagon.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:35 pm
by Mat04
Yeah I bought a set from the states from a place called paranoid fabrications but I have noticed cruisin has posted he can make them to any spec you want.