Page 1 of 2

08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:08 pm
by LBR37Y
I have been looking for coilys for a while now and I was going to go with Bilsteins but I found out that Bilstein dont make coilovers for the 08 liberty GTB model :evil:

Iv seen that a few other members have gone with Tein coilys but do they reduce ride quality??

What other brands out there that are fully adjustable and handle like a dream and dont reduce ride quality???

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:17 pm
by alessandro132
What's your budget?

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:33 pm
by LBR37Y
I won't want to go much more the 4000$

Surely that's a decent figure

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:54 pm
by alessandro132
For that coin, I've heard good things about Öhlins coilovers - I'm sure some guys who run them will add their 2c.

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:38 pm
by LBR37Y
alessandro132 wrote:For that coin, I've heard good things about Öhlins coilovers - I'm sure some guys who run them will add their 2c.


Where can u get them in NSW??

Did a quick google but nothing but moto forks came up

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:26 pm
by bass_straitener
I have Racecomps. They're very good too.

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:48 pm
by rooby
Both these vendors sell multiple brands:

viewforum.php?f=37
viewforum.php?f=38

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:25 pm
by LBR37Y
rooby wrote:Both these vendors sell multiple brands:

viewforum.php?f=37
viewforum.php?f=38



Thanks for the point in the right direction mate!!!
Pro Speed it is for me (in a few weeks after my tune and the bank account pulls its head in!!)

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:30 pm
by alessandro132
L8R37Y wrote:
rooby wrote:Both these vendors sell multiple brands:

viewforum.php?f=37
viewforum.php?f=38



Thanks for the point in the right direction mate!!!
Pro Speed it is for me (in a few weeks after my tune and the bank account pulls its head in!!)


Troy from Pro Speed Racing sells the Öhlins coil overs - check his thread in the vendor section!

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:37 pm
by rooby
alessandro132 wrote:Troy from Pro Speed Racing sells the Öhlins coil overs - check his thread in the vendor section!


He also sells racecomp & others.

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:51 pm
by GTB Liberty
For that money I'd suggest Ohlins, KW Variant 3 or DMS.

I've been I various cars with the above ... Ohlins prob harshest.

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:04 am
by LBR37Y
GTB Liberty wrote:I've been I various cars with the above ... Ohlins prob harshest.


In ride quality???

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:12 pm
by rooby
It's also worth noting that racecomp are modified/enhanced kw.

I believe it is racecomp tarmac 0, 1 & 2 are based on kw v1, v2, v3 respectively.

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:37 pm
by LBR37Y
So what do you guys think of the Teins??

I know a few of you out there are running them??

They still alright for ride quality and good handling??

Re: 08 liberty sedan GTB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:58 pm
by GTB Liberty
L8R37Y wrote:
GTB Liberty wrote:I've been I various cars with the above ... Ohlins prob harshest.


In ride quality???
on the street.