Page 1 of 1

Replacing shocks, pink springs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:30 pm
by duddley
Quick Question, if I was to swap my stock springs with the lowered "pink" springs (which I think is 15mm lower), do I need to change my stock shocks?

Re: Replacing shocks, pink springs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:54 pm
by SH30RB
duddley wrote:Quick Question, if I was to swap my stock springs with the lowered "pink" springs (which I think is 15mm lower), do I need to change my stock shocks?


there is another member on here, SYM, who has done exactly what you want to do. changed his stock springs with pink springs, and kept the stock shocks.
from memory, he gave positive feedback from the suspension upgrade

Re: Replacing shocks, pink springs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:57 pm
by Stu
IMHO No should be ok. However the continual lower travel of the shock with the lower springs *may* reduce the life of the shock a little. But that's fantastic anyway since when they finally die you can buy coilovers :wink:

Re: Replacing shocks, pink springs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:59 pm
by SH30RB
Stu wrote:IMHO No should be ok. However the continual lower travel of the shock with the lower springs *may* reduce the life of the shock a little. But that's fantastic anyway since when they finally die you can buy coilovers :wink:


and sell the pink springs to another member :)

Re: Replacing shocks, pink springs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:16 pm
by Stu
...and thus continues the wonderful cycle of the mod parts chain :)

Re: Replacing shocks, pink springs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:54 am
by SYM
SH30RB wrote:
duddley wrote:Quick Question, if I was to swap my stock springs with the lowered "pink" springs (which I think is 15mm lower), do I need to change my stock shocks?


there is another member on here, SYM, who has done exactly what you want to do. changed his stock springs with pink springs, and kept the stock shocks.
from memory, he gave positive feedback from the suspension upgrade



Yep, SimonH is spot on.... Combined with new LCA bushes, there is noticeable difference in cornering and handling over stock. Driving is more of a hoot than before :)

Thread on fitted Sti springs here
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16837