Page 1 of 1

Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:58 pm
by suff
Hey Everyone..

I have found some 18's that I like the look of, now Im shopping around for some treads. On my last liberty, I changed the RE050A's for lower spec Kumho's (AST KU25's to be exact) and they where shocking!! noisey as sin and not that sticky!

I have been doing a bit of reading, and the SPT KU31's seem to be getting some very good reviews.. just wondering if anyone here has used them?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:02 pm
by Arith
I had them on my MY04 GT in 215/35-19. Surprising comfortable for that aspect ratio, and pretty quiet compared to the crappy Falkens I had on originally. Grip was great, as I found it hard to squeal or even break contact. I tried out the Nankang NS-II after the Kumho's, and found them to be more comfortable and quiet, but less grippy. Overall I would recommend the KU31 for that price range.

Surprised about the KU25, because they got surprisingly good reviews from most places I came across.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:18 pm
by suff
hey arith

Thanks for the PM.. with your tyres.. how many K's did you do on them?

Still up in the air at the moment! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:38 pm
by Arith
I managed to squeeze out about 30k's from them before I replaced them with Nankang's (I punctured one of the Kumho's and the nearest tire place only had Nankangs in stock.