Handling

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Handling

Postby Stoogie Boi » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:03 pm

hey looking to improve my handling... been lookin at coil overs for a start but cant find nothing much for a lb... looked at teins, hks hipermax rs's and apexi n1's and nothing for libs :( anyone got an idea where to start, i dont wanna go cheap cos i want it to last and work properly when under punishment lol

also lookin for strut braces etc... wher ecan i start looking to find something worthwhile
IT'S BETTER WHEN THERE'S TWINS INVOLVED
Stoogie Boi

Postby tangcla » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:25 pm

Shame you don't have a 4th gen... I have a set of coilovers I'm in two minds when it comes to fitting...
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Re: Handling

Postby suff » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:35 pm

Stoogie Boi wrote:hey looking to improve my handling... been lookin at coil overs for a start but cant find nothing much for a lb... looked at teins, hks hipermax rs's and apexi n1's and nothing for libs :( anyone got an idea where to start, i dont wanna go cheap cos i want it to last and work properly when under punishment lol

also lookin for strut braces etc... wher ecan i start looking to find something worthwhile

Hey Stoogie I would suggest you get yourself a set of sway bars (rear is most important, but Front & Rear is a good idea) for under $500 new for whiteline heave duties.. you will not recognise the car, its generally one of the first things I do to any car I buy

Chris
Daily : BMW E90 335i Sedan
Chasing 320RWHP ... FOUND (341RWHP) + Semi Slicks
Coming - APR FMIC, APR DP & Quaiffe Diff (finally)
suff

Car: E90 335i sedan

Postby WhiteGTB » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:26 pm

suff wrote:
Stoogie Boi wrote:hey looking to improve my handling... been lookin at coil overs for a start but cant find nothing much for a lb... looked at teins, hks hipermax rs's and apexi n1's and nothing for libs :( anyone got an idea where to start, i dont wanna go cheap cos i want it to last and work properly when under punishment lol

Hey Stoogie I would suggest you get yourself a set of sway bars (rear is most important, but Front & Rear is a good idea) for under $500 new for whiteline heave duties.. you will not recognise the car, its generally one of the first things I do to any car I buy

Chris

Totally agree with Chris, after the sways went in courtesy of Phat GT, the difference was CRAZY!

When you take the stock sways out and compare the two, you'll realise how cheap and flimsy the stock ones are.

Turn in is sharper, body roll is reduced and the overall car just feels heaps more stable.
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby Stoogie Boi » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:20 pm

so dont even worry bout things like coil overs just now... lol... i still want it a bit lower (as uu see in pics it a bit of a 4x4 atm haah)
Stoogie Boi

Postby WhiteGTB » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:32 pm

If you have a budget to stick to and it is several hundred then def. go the sways, that would be the best bang for your buck in terms of handling.

If you have deeper pockets and can go the extra to get coilovers as well then do it, cause you won't regret coilovers... they are ajustable ride height also.
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby Akwoo » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:50 pm

can't find anything?
theres sold heaps of coilovers for your car.
Akwoo

Postby overl0ad » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:00 pm

my approach

sways, endlinks, strut tower, coils overs, lower arms, busings.

i didn't follow it, but a good place to start as that progression brings the car from "daily driver" to "track ready".
tangcla wrote:I didn't have to. I have girly Asian hands :lol:
overl0ad

Car: MY07 GTB 6MT *sold*

Postby tangcla » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:10 pm

Get the Cusco Lower Arm Bar ver2 for your car. Makes a huge difference to turn-in and understeer, and quite cheap too.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby Stoogie Boi » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:29 pm

tangcla wrote:Get the Cusco Lower Arm Bar ver2 for your car. Makes a huge difference to turn-in and understeer, and quite cheap too.

yeha that would be good to help, has real bad understeer in the wet... might be the tires tho i dunno
Stoogie Boi

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.