Page 1 of 1

ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:42 pm
by blkdog
Hey,
Anyone heard anything or got any thought/opinions on these? I like em! :) So they have made it my "Potential Rim List". Choosing is so freakn difficult :(

ARK Design's R8 Wheel is a lightweight one-piece design, developed for style, performance, and strength. The R8 features eight solid spokes with progressive thickness plus a signature"Balance Ring" to provide rigidity for reduced wheel flex and strength from direct impact. The spoke and rim design are specifically developed for large high- performance brake caliper and rotor clearance.
Image

Re: ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:37 pm
by SH30RB
Each to their own Kris,

but personal opinion only, not my cup of tea.

Re: ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:58 pm
by bates91
dont like them. plus not a well-known company

enkei nt03+m on the other hand....wheel porn right there

Re: ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:49 am
by blkdog
Ok so they are now off the list. Just testing the waters haha in my search for something different.

Thanks fellas,

Re: ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:04 pm
by rooby
My spidy sense is tingling.

Re: ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:28 pm
by blkdog
Haha alright, I know they are shit... But I still don't mind the design. I know someone on here had a the "non-tightarse" version and they looked sweet. Who was it?

Re: ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:49 pm
by SH30RB
Kris, just because we dont approve, doesnt mean you cant have them on your car.
Who knows, maybe they will look better on the car

Re: ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:58 pm
by blkdog
But I crave approval :D like I said just testing the waters. I do heaps of research before I buy anything. I like research. :lol: thanks anyways.

Re: ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:02 pm
by SH30RB
blkdog wrote:But I crave approval :D like I said just testing the waters. I do heaps of research before I buy anything. I like research. :lol: thanks anyways.

I know what you mean, everyone likes approval.
Thats why i havent got those gold rims i want yet...
My friends dont approve yet i want them!
But right now im thinking 'stuff them!' and ill probably end up getting them in the coming weeks

Re: ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:20 pm
by blkdog
Gold/black = classic combo! What are they? Maaaan rims are such a hard one. Anything except for chrome ninja stars! I'll just keep saving and looking. By the way I don't mind the OEM rims like the passat R36 (prob re painted in gunmetal) or the Lexus ISF fin type (again re painted/powder coated). Its hard to do something different but retain all round appeal. I spend a lot of googling all sorts of options when im at work and things a slow or on approval.

I like this topic :)
Cheers mate good talk!

Re: ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:43 pm
by SH30RB
blkdog wrote:Gold/black = classic combo! What are they? Maaaan rims are such a hard one. Anything except for chrome ninja stars! I'll just keep saving and looking. By the way I don't mind the OEM rims like the passat R36 (prob re painted in gunmetal) or the Lexus ISF fin type (again re painted/powder coated). Its hard to do something different but retain all round appeal. I spend a lot of googling all sorts of options when im at work and things a slow or on approval.

I like this topic :)
Cheers mate good talk!


i know, well almost any colour on gold looks good :D they are the Ultrex RS in gold. from the moment i saw them i've wanted them :air_kiss:
i like the ISF style rims, but i havent seen the R36 rims?

but i think it all goes back to the classic saying "you've got to risk it, just to get the biscuit" :wink:

Re: ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:59 pm
by blkdog
These are R36. They look awesome in gunmetal and matte black.
Tough & Classy :)
Image

Re: ARK Design. Opinions??

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:52 am
by bates91
blkdog wrote:Haha alright, I know they are shit... But I still don't mind the design. I know someone on here had a the "non-tightarse" version and they looked sweet. Who was it?


drndrn had the enkei nt03+m in 18x9.5 + some pretty low offset from what i remember, they looked mean :)