Page 1 of 1

Rear camber problem

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:44 pm
by zyweik
Hi guys,

I've recently purchased some 18" G-games wheels with 225 45 R18 and I'm scrubbing at the back - but only on the passenger side??

I've had the wheels aligned, rear camber is R-0.43 and L-0.42. The scrubbing is occuring on the inside of the wheel arch lip.
The strange thing is that the camber is set exactly the same, but looking at the drivers side vs the passengers side, the top of the wheel is around 8mm closer to the passenger side lip than the drivers side. Seems there is something funny going on here??
Any ideas?

Re: Rear camber problem

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:12 pm
by senator
Double check wheel offset and width

Re: Rear camber problem

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:58 pm
by BJ
My car scraped on the left side with 18 x 8 -42 and 225/45-18 and I had to give it more negative camber to stop it.

Re: Rear camber problem

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:57 pm
by zyweik
After a few beers worth of staring at the car ive found the problem, an old repair that's been done dodgy.. The passenger guard is really flat compared to the drivers side.. Getting PhillB to come and pump it back out by about 8mm to get it back to stock.. Glad its nothing more sinister :P