Page 1 of 1

Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:49 pm
by OuTLaWOwnz
Anyone know if Eibach springs are still available for Gen4 Libertys? They arn't listed in Eibachs catalogs anymore. I need some springs to suite my MY07 GT specB. Ride quality matters and I heard these ride very nicely but I have no idea what part numbers I need or if they are still available.

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:03 am
by 3.0R Spec B
http://www.eibach.jp/pdf/prokit.pdf part number 10-77-005-01-22. These are what i have on the bilsteins and i love the ride.

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:03 am
by SegR
Since they will lower the car a little, do you find them slightly more harsh than the stock springs on the bilsteins?

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:15 am
by dr20t
I also have the eibachs on bilsteins and absolutely love the ride and handling. Wish they were a touch lower but other than cosmetically I love them. Had king springs before and they were rubbish (came with the car)

Mick

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:35 pm
by JSP
dr20t wrote:I also have the eibachs on bilsteins and absolutely love the ride and handling. Wish they were a touch lower but other than cosmetically I love them. Had king springs before and they were rubbish (came with the car)

Mick


I have the Eibach's on Bilsteins also.... I also hade them on KYB's but my KYB's were shot.. Didnt realise how nice the eibachs were until i got the Billies installed about 2 months ago... LIke Mick, i wish that it sat a tad lower (10-15mm) but now i dont need to be as careful with the slight increase in height..

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:43 pm
by JSP
Here is a guide to the height with Bilstein's & Eibachs.

Keep in mind, theres probably rough another 60kg in the back of the car.

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:15 am
by 3rspecb
Here is a pic of my car. I have Eibach springs with bilstein struts/shocks and have no issues with the ride.


Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:03 am
by Lib 3.0LR
I also have Eibach springs with bilstein struts/shocks :)

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:57 pm
by SegR
How firm is the ride compared to stock bilstein springs?

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:48 pm
by 04GTLIB
Lib 3.0LR wrote:I also have Eibach springs with bilstein struts/shocks :)


The wagon looks the tits George, ride height is perfect. :wink:

Cheers,
Rusty.

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:12 am
by OuTLaWOwnz
Thanks guys. I've seen a few that sit low at the back after the springs are changed. Those pics didnt look too bad.

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:15 pm
by OuTLaWOwnz
Apparently the supplier told the suspension place near me that these Eibach springs are no longer in production. Anyone know otherwise or have any suggestions on what else gives a nice ride with Bilstein shocks and doesn't lower too much? I was thinkin' Tein S-Tech but they have a much bigger drop.

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:23 pm
by seanmau5
OuTLaWOwnz wrote:Apparently the supplier told the suspension place near me that these Eibach springs are no longer in production. Anyone know otherwise or have any suggestions on what else gives a nice ride with Bilstein shocks and doesn't lower too much? I was thinkin' Tein S-Tech but they have a much bigger drop.


Teins are harsh plus drop around 30mm. People hate riding in my car

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:25 pm
by OuTLaWOwnz
Wonder if Tein H-Tech are any better. Cant really exceed $1000 by much for this. If there are any coilovers in that price that are reasonably comfortable I could go with that, as long as they are quality and ride nicely.

Re: Eibach springs?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm
by bigBADbenny
Swift have been recommended to me.
Also consider the bumpstops upgrade or mod:
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.p ... 99244.html