Page 1 of 1

MY07 Lib 3.0RB tyres: Yokohama/Silverstone - Your thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:28 am
by Zacros
Hi folks

I'm needing to buy new tyres for my Liberty and someone has suggested Silverstone Evo 8s. It's not a tyre that I can find much info about however so I'm not really sure what their characteristics are.

I've currently got Yokohama Advan Sport's on it which I'm happy with, however I've had suggestions from getting the same again, to those Silverstones through to the Goodyear Eagle F1s.

I hate doing yet another tyre recommendation thread but I'm really torn between trusting the Silverstone recommendation and going with what I know (Yokohama).

  • I drive approx 25k kms on road per year, and I'm fairly heavy on the accelerator (Pretty much always have the car in sports sharp mode).
  • I like taking corners fast when possible (not crazy fast though) so good cornering grip (whatever the correct terminology is..) is needed.
  • I'm in Adelaide and the road quality isn't spectacular, so I don't necessarily want an extremely hard tyre.
  • Realistically, my price range is anywhere up to $350 per tyre but don't want to spend an extra $200-300 on all four tyres if I'm only going to get an extra 5% grip/ride quality/etc compared to the cheaper tyres.

Don't know if I'm just being picky so would value your feedback!

Cheers :?

Re: MY07 Lib 3.0RB tyres: Yokohama/Silverstone - Your though

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:26 pm
by smythie
Advan Sports in my experience were a pretty good tyre when I had them on mine. Having found the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 I won't be going back though - the french tyres have felt better all round to me. Still, the Advans were great value for the money in the stupid 215/45R18 size. Have zero experience on the Silverstones though.