Page 1 of 1

Adding to the list of interesting noises my car makes... :-/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:46 am
by WheelieBin
Hey guys,

So, since Sunday, every time I get in my car if it's been sitting idle for a while, the first time I brake after driving down the road, there's a single clicking sound from the front right wheel. It only happens after having accelerated to a reasonable speed (i.e. not when I'm backing out of the driveway), but only once per drive.

Any thoughts?

Re: Adding to the list of interesting noises my car makes...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:48 pm
by Deep Heat
WheelieBin were not designed to be driven.

I think there is sand/gravel getting stuck between your pad and the discs. It would explain the once per drive thing.

Re: Adding to the list of interesting noises my car makes...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 pm
by WheelieBin
Twinkle wrote:WheelieBin were not designed to be driven.


I can't believe it took me 58 posts to get that :P It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Oh well, I drove it a couple of times today, and everything seems to be fine, so I guess we'll just see how it goes.

Re: Adding to the list of interesting noises my car makes...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:33 pm
by seanmau5
I reckon you need new brakes - brembos to be precise. But because you're fitting brembos you'll need new wheels to fit them. But we all know aftermarket wheels look shithouse on a car that isn't lowered - enter coilovers :)

And to top it all off, some tint, a front lip & projector headlamps with HIDs..





You like ;)

Re: Adding to the list of interesting noises my car makes...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:14 am
by WheelieBin
Lib_seanmau5 wrote:You like ;)


Well, that would all justify the purchase of that GT SpecB I found, because it wouldn't possibly be worth putting all that on my Gen3 RX ;)