tyre choice

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Postby jaspert » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:58 pm

LIBER8ED wrote:
and after arguing with the salesman, who decided that he would and tell me i should get 18's instead of 19's. i told him what i really thought of him and went elsewhere.

SNIP

I can see his point even though you are already dead set on the 19 inch.
jaspert

Postby LIBER8ED » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:56 pm

he just wanted me to get 18's so he didnt have to work so hard to find a strip of rubber..

basically had the "too hard basket" attitude, and to me that doesnt make me want to conduct my business there.. and thats bascially what i told them.

im under the impression that if a customer goes into one of these places, you go out of your way to try and help them out. i had a wad of cash in my hand, and was willing to book the car in there and then.

i dont belive in things that cant be done... there is always a way around it, and i know that im not the only person with 19's on the lib (burgs help me out here) and i have no doubt that all these wheels are legal. which ol mate was implying to me that was a non exsistant item...

thats purely where the attitude came from..

i walked 50m down the road, and the guy who DID help me out, ended up with $3500 in his till rather than the last guy.! simple
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby jaspert » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:52 pm

Knowing the details now, the guy sounded like a bad salesman/tosser in his attitude.
I thought he might be expressing concern to you about the potential negative aspect of you going to 19 inch from 17 . May look good to some but don't think your soft stock spring and KYB shock will enjoy coping with them too much in term of performance , espscially with series of bumps thrown in. Getting a subpar tyre that you're not happy after speinding big on the rims is not ideal as your car performance and braking ultimately depends on the 4 small patch of tyres , especially in foul weather.( I did the same mistake too and paid for it)
Burg H6 SpecB has Bilstein B6 sport damper which can cope with his 1 up size change better . At the end of the day, you must be happy with your mod path and if you're happy , that's all that matter :wink:
jaspert

Previous

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.