Page 1 of 2

Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:17 am
by efracer
Just wondering if anyone knows how big of a spacer would be needed to run the standard GT Spec B wheels over Brembo's...

Thanks

Re: Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:45 am
by Gambit
Dont think anyone knows or has tried??

Re: Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:50 am
by coyote
Why not just machine the back of the wheel spokes away?

Re: Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:14 am
by Gambit
guessing 10, 12 or 15mm would do it?

Re: Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:41 am
by coyote
Gambit wrote:guessing 10, 12 or 15mm would do it?


Then take 16.

Just to be safe.

Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:57 am
by Gambit
coyote wrote:
Gambit wrote:guessing 10, 12 or 15mm would do it?


Then take 16.

Just to be safe.

how about 50 :D

Re: Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:10 pm
by efracer
haha...thanks guys.

Ran into the middle of a massive road worthy blitz the other day and got defected due to my 18x9 Rota GForces sticking out wider than the car. Only reason I bought them was to fit the Brembo's but I have always liked the look of the stock ones anyways...so want to try to get them to fit.

Will see how I go and let you know!!

Re: Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:24 pm
by bosc0
Curious as to where the blitz was?

Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:57 pm
by Gambit
Yep I am in the same boat want to run my stock wheels again

Re: Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:58 pm
by efracer
bosc0 wrote:Curious as to where the blitz was?


Down at Rye...they had quite a few cops going around finding cars and bringing them back to a station they had setup to do inspections. About 3 inspectors going through the cars that were being brought in.

Re: Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:00 pm
by efracer
Gambit wrote:Yep I am in the same boat want to run my stock wheels again


I think the stock spec B wheels look really good...as I said, if it wasn't for the Brembo's I wouldn't have changed them. So if I can find a way to run them I would be very happy. Will have a good look tonight or tomorrow and see how big of a spacer is needed or different options.

Re: Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 pm
by cruisn
Best way to find out is go to Bunnings and buy 20 or so washers larger enough to go over the wheel studs.

Put them on 3 studs until you space the Spec B wheel out enough to clear the Brembo's.

Measure the length of the washers and thats how thick a spacer you will need. I reckon it'll be larger than 15mm.

Re: Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:40 pm
by tangcla
Spacers won't be legal either... so that's not really a sustainable solution.

Re: Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:57 pm
by bosc0
cruisn wrote:Best way to find out is go to Bunnings and buy 20 or so washers larger enough to go over the wheel studs.

Put them on 3 studs until you space the Spec B wheel out enough to clear the Brembo's.

Measure the length of the washers and thats how thick a spacer you will need. I reckon it'll be larger than 15mm.


"Elementary, my dear Watson"

Re: Brembo's and Standard Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:59 pm
by cruisn
Spacers suck indeed, but I could live with something that was only 3-5mm max.

Im just going to throw it out there, but the facelift spec B wheels suck. :P