pink springs

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

pink springs

Postby LIBER8ED » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:55 pm

hey trendsetters..

found out today, that where my insurance says that the only thing i cant do to my car as far as modifcations go, is put after market lowered springs on it, that i would give them a call, and have a play on words. I found out that i cant put a/m springs, ie kings, ect, HOWEVER, i decided to play on these words a lil more, and, asked them if i put STANDARD subaru springs on my car, which just happen to be lower than what comes standard on my car, if that you will still be within the confines of my insurance..

She said as long as they were "legal springs" then it would be fine. cause apparently they are not lowered springs, they are just tighter!! wtf that means i dont really, know, but it means i can modify my springs..

so after all that crap, im looking at getting some "standard subaru" springs that will lower the car a lil. and would i be correct in saying that the sti springs do exactly that??

anyone tell me the height of them ect ect, and of course how much they are going to sting my wallet :)

cheers
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby 07GTSTi » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:34 pm

I bought my 07 GT Tuned by STi at the same time a mate got his 07 GT.
Mine, with the pink springs, definately sits lower than his. Probably about 15-20mm. They are also a fair bit stiffer.

You can get them thru Phat for around the $400 mark, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting in touch with him at the moment...
2007 GT Spec B Tuned by STi Manual #213/300
07GTSTi

Postby tangcla » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:55 pm

Well the way I see it, it's a standard Subaru part, it's not really aftermarket now, is it... ;)
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.